Sutton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Updates

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 18:31

juanillo wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:25
Well Sutton managed to lose at home to Histon on Saturday which is am achievement in itself. I am utterly perplexed by today's performance. I know Stamford have a tougher assignment on Saturday against Carlton who still have something to play for but I suspect they'll win. Who knows? They may even win the league, but Wisbech won't trouble Ilkeston.

I know we were poor in the 2nd half and needed a win but bringing on those substitutes were never going to make a difference.
Yeah but who is there to bring on to trouble the opposition? I get why its done, we all do, but Im not sure who else we have to change a game, given the best players, bar 2 were all on the pitch.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Apr 2022, 18:37

drummyb wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:31
juanillo wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:25
Well Sutton managed to lose at home to Histon on Saturday which is am achievement in itself. I am utterly perplexed by today's performance. I know Stamford have a tougher assignment on Saturday against Carlton who still have something to play for but I suspect they'll win. Who knows? They may even win the league, but Wisbech won't trouble Ilkeston.

I know we were poor in the 2nd half and needed a win but bringing on those substitutes were never going to make a difference.
Yeah but who is there to bring on to trouble the opposition? I get why its done, we all do, but Im not sure who else we have to change a game, given the best players, bar 2 were all on the pitch.
Well that's true, but I'm not sure I would have bothered given the paucity of the options!

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 18 Apr 2022, 18:52

I couldn't understand why we weren't able to bring in more players before the transfer deadline. Stamford brought in 4 , which has obviously reaped dividends and Chasetown also made a couple of signings.
Today has also shown how much we rely on Richard Gregory

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Apr 2022, 18:54

Even under the John Hill days, has there ever been a poorer bench than today? Bringing on Smith and Taylor to try and win a game that could set up a last day title charge is frankly an embarrassment. How'd it come to this?

I can't overstate how poor these two players are, even considering the utter ribnish we saw under John Hill. Shambles.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 18 Apr 2022, 18:57, edited 2 times in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Apr 2022, 18:56

Simons wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:52
I couldn't understand why we weren't able to bring in more players before the transfer deadline. Stamford brought in 4 , which has obviously reaped dividends and Chasetown also made a couple of signings.
Did our inexplicable FA Cup exit have anything to do with this? Karen and Keith aren't made of money.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 19:08

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:56
Simons wrote:
Did our inexplicable FA Cup exit have anything to do with this? Karen and Keith aren't made of money.
In fairness, I think over the course of pre and season, we've signed plenty of players.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Apr 2022, 19:23

Apparently a lot of fighting at the end of the Ilkeston game, but not involving Shepshed fans. At least we appear to have more brains than that lot.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 19:28

andy wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 19:23
Apparently a lot of fighting at the end of the Ilkeston game, but not involving Shepshed fans. At least we appear to have more brains than that lot.
How bizarre. We just grumble on the interwebs. Apart from Josh who threatens scorched earth on the refs and their family...or actually didnt.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Apr 2022, 19:29

drummyb wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 19:08
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:56
Simons wrote:
In fairness, I think over the course of pre and season, we've signed plenty of players.
Depends on your definition of players. Whether it be budget related or solely down to poor management, they've been piss poor.

We signed the awful Mike Taylor, while Ilkeston singed Gontel Mibson. That sums it up.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 18 Apr 2022, 19:31

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:54
Even under the John Hill days, has there ever been a poorer bench than today? Bringing on Smith and Taylor to try and win a game that could set up a last day title charge is frankly an embarrassment. How'd it come to this?

I can't overstate how poor these two players are, even considering the utter ribnish we saw under John Hill. Shambles.
Harry White getting injured didn’t help.

Straws to be clutched - we have to win two games against teams we have beaten this year and we’re up, and we probably won’t play at home where we’ve been abject at times. I agree victories don’t seem likely right now, but the darkest day and all that…

I hate football.