Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by drummyb » 17 Apr 2022, 14:47

The gaffers assessment is on You tube. I like the way he doesnt gloss over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puephg3yJc0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2022, 15:46

drummyb wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 14:47
The gaffers assessment is on You tube. I like the way he doesnt gloss over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puephg3yJc0
What ever your thoughts on him as a manager he's always good value in interviews. He was in the Eddy yesterday fronting up to us moaning and miserable fans. That takes some balls. I respect that.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Apr 2022, 16:01

My usual temporal optimism put me behind the 8 ball behind the wheel, but with a Twitter reference to The Thin White Duke, the A1/M18/M1/A38 was a blur and some devilish driving got me there for kick off. A parking space even opened up right before me, right before the ground, I guess Old Nick looks after his own.
Surely a sign of good luck to follow. Right?
Wrong. We set up like we were playing a team who were cross between Brazil '70 and Ashtree Highfield '85. Stodginess abounds. And no time for two pints or any crisps.
When Jules Verne leagues below the Prem, you just play your best players and leave the tinkering to Pepsi, surely?
Hmm.
Unsurprisingly, workmanlike is as workmanlike does. Narrow, no drive and too much cloggin' for the Man in Black. We took our guns to town, but left them in their holsters. Doubly dodgy for Jack as he was walking the line without a shirt on. Way too ginger for that malarkey. Strawberry blond my arse. TMI.
I was reddening nicely, having survived a week in The Gulf, Derbyshire did for me. And it looked like it would do for us.
For my two pens, the first one was and the second wasn't. But what do I know. The Belper vid and my Guardian-reading observer bias says I'm right, but the ref is never wrong. Although some of our more "passionate" fans did offer him quite a bit of lifestyle advice.
Hilarious to see him run to the half way to tell tales on our ruffians. The kings of hi-viz were rolled out along with the hobby bobbies but Karen cooled it.
First they came for the kids behind the goal, but I was not a kid behind the goal, so I said nothing. He's over there.
Irony was in good supply too, the home of the miscreants was proudly labelled, “The Bricks and Mortar Stand" which was a grand design claim for something made of steel and wood. Perhaps it was opened by Alanis Morrissette? I didn't know she was from Matlock.

So far so crap. Lots of nice dogs was about the highlight of the first half. Ruff.

Actually, not true. Brother Pollard wins that one. His 6 hours driving for a 6-pointer and disappointingly not a 6-pinter, was made worthwhile by one of their fans in conciliatory mood after the second spot kick, asking him if he knew why we were called the Yeltz?
"No".

A grumbly move down the fence and two strop-offs into the grumpy corner actually changed it all around.

Unbelievably, we put our better players on and they played better. Who'd have (over)thunk it?

Jack had survived the heat to roast their left back and Kyle looked back to his pre-haircut form. A few close shaves and we'd got one back. Unless there was a deflection it looked like the wall was in the wrong place. I think those builders did our extension.
And released from the shackles, returning Robbie Bunn-dled through the middle and smashed it.
We couldn't? Could we?
No.
Sim might have, maybe even should have, but didn't. Our force didn't prove irresistible, especially when we brought on the immovable object, but the point was made. Shame he's Mikey not Nev. There's a wonderful, "better Lait than Neville" pun that will have to stay in the quiver. Shame.

So, a bright red brow and a scramble back to see The Lovely Eggs. How Eastery. But, like Him upstairs, we'll be back on Monday.

As an aside (to this otherwise linear paean), ain't the boozers got funny names 'round there? I swear I passed The Hurt Arms, The Excavator and The Spanker. No, really. It seems Derbyshire council are letting him name pubs now. Whatever next?
Sutton, Daventry, Stamford and Chasetown I'll guess.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Apr 2022, 16:09

You know drugs are still illegal right? 😁

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Apr 2022, 17:13

Simply sublime.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Apr 2022, 17:16

.....I do hope your 'and Chasetown' comes to fruition as I'm not so sure. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 12:12

dalevillain wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 12:30
drummyb wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 11:24
dalevillain wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 10:46
A stereotypical game of two halves. First half utterly dreadful, from our point of view. As has been said tactics were completely wrong and also think some of the players needed reminding it was an early kick off as not enough effort or urgency.

Changes were made and hey presto much better in the second half. We could have even won it in the end, Sim’s one on one was the best chance to go in front. However our flow seemed to stop when Greggs went off and Taylor came on which was a bit of a strange decision but believe he had a knock.

So even though it was always going to be a tall order our title challenge is officially over now so playoffs it is. Well done to Ilkeston, deserved Champions imo for seeing games out and winning in ‘Fergie time’ on numerous occasions as Champions do.

Two big games to go of which we simply must win both. Hopefully we can try and secure 2nd but again it is out of our hands and have to hope Chasetown slip up in either of their games.
Gregs always goes off around 80 minutes so that wasnt a huge surprise tbh.
Yes fitness levels usually suggest he can only manage that amount of time. However with us needing to win the game I would have kept him on, however according to hearing the gaffer and a few of the players in the Eddy yesterday evening I believe he asked to come off which if true is fair enough, but I think Lait would have been a better option coming on rather than Taylor imo.
Completely agree about Lait. Fair play to them for facing up though.