Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by andy » 16 Apr 2022, 17:02

Kiddyeltz wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 16:45
Poor decision to set the team up as we did,
Not the 1st time, but I have been told on here it's easy to be a 6oclock manager. :-\
Chasetown's last two games are not givens, so we have to ensure 6 points in the last two matches for us.
Equally we must not let Stamford leapfrog us either, don't fancy us having to go there on a night.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 16 Apr 2022, 17:10

So Ilkeston scored a late winner, Chasetown won easily and Stamford won.

If we win our last 2, the worst we can expect is a home play-off semi.

I would prefer Belper to Stamford as I think they are the weakest; a lot of long balls, throw ins etc.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Apr 2022, 17:47

juanillo wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 17:10
So Ilkeston scored a late winner, Chasetown won easily and Stamford won.

If we win our last 2, the worst we can expect is a home play-off semi.

I would prefer Belper to Stamford as I think they are the weakest; a lot of long balls, throw ins etc.
We're not winning the play offs.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Apr 2022, 20:20

I think, as we've learned this season, it depends which team decides to turn up. It completely baffles me why we can switch from so good to so poor and vice versa.

Im not too disappointed with the result because they are a top 6 team at home, so its always going to be tough and as I said, I figured it would be a draw before hand. But given how we played 2nd half and and put them on the back foot, we could have taken the three points.
Im confident we will win the next two. After that its anyones guess.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 16 Apr 2022, 20:32

First half we were rubbish, second half, we were better, ball on the floor, playing to strengths, NO long balls.
3 at the back with 2 wing backs worked in the second half and if we apply this system during the play-offs then i still reckon we should fear NO-ONE!😬

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 17 Apr 2022, 07:53

Thoughts from the Belper manager, interesting comments on our team, and the makeshift nature of his own eleven. https://mobile.twitter.com/BelperTownFC ... gr%5Etweet

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Apr 2022, 10:46

A stereotypical game of two halves. First half utterly dreadful, from our point of view. As has been said tactics were completely wrong and also think some of the players needed reminding it was an early kick off as not enough effort or urgency.

Changes were made and hey presto much better in the second half. We could have even won it in the end, Sim’s one on one was the best chance to go in front. However our flow seemed to stop when Greggs went off and Taylor came on which was a bit of a strange decision but believe he had a knock.

So even though it was always going to be a tall order our title challenge is officially over now so playoffs it is. Well done to Ilkeston, deserved Champions imo for seeing games out and winning in ‘Fergie time’ on numerous occasions as Champions do.

Two big games to go of which we simply must win both. Hopefully we can try and secure 2nd but again it is out of our hands and have to hope Chasetown slip up in either of their games.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Apr 2022, 11:24

dalevillain wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 10:46
A stereotypical game of two halves. First half utterly dreadful, from our point of view. As has been said tactics were completely wrong and also think some of the players needed reminding it was an early kick off as not enough effort or urgency.

Changes were made and hey presto much better in the second half. We could have even won it in the end, Sim’s one on one was the best chance to go in front. However our flow seemed to stop when Greggs went off and Taylor came on which was a bit of a strange decision but believe he had a knock.

So even though it was always going to be a tall order our title challenge is officially over now so playoffs it is. Well done to Ilkeston, deserved Champions imo for seeing games out and winning in ‘Fergie time’ on numerous occasions as Champions do.

Two big games to go of which we simply must win both. Hopefully we can try and secure 2nd but again it is out of our hands and have to hope Chasetown slip up in either of their games.
Gregs always goes off around 80 minutes so that wasnt a huge surprise tbh.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Apr 2022, 12:30

drummyb wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 11:24
dalevillain wrote:
17 Apr 2022, 10:46

Gregs always goes off around 80 minutes so that wasnt a huge surprise tbh.
Yes fitness levels usually suggest he can only manage that amount of time. However with us needing to win the game I would have kept him on, however according to hearing the gaffer and a few of the players in the Eddy yesterday evening I believe he asked to come off which if true is fair enough, but I think Lait would have been a better option coming on rather than Taylor imo.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Apr 2022, 12:59

Highlights from Belper’s perspective.

https://youtu.be/ktPTaSpeR7g