Histon (H)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Histon (H)

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Apr 2022, 11:24

I'm assuming Ilkeston win the league, of course. With that being said, I still haven't given up hope, but realistically it's the play-offs, bar a complete collapse from Ilkeston.

We could do with giving someone a good hiding by 5 or 6 goals to bring goal difference into it. As it stands we're effectively 4 points behind Ilkeston. If we can get the GD closer by the time we travel to Daventry for the last game of the season, you just never know. I wouldn't want to be in Ilkeston's shoes needing a win away at Wisbech to win promotion. That's a tough game.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Apr 2022, 12:37

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
03 Apr 2022, 11:24
I'm assuming Ilkeston win the league, of course. With that being said, I still haven't given up hope, but realistically it's the play-offs, bar a complete collapse from Ilkeston.
I wouldn't want to be in Ilkeston's shoes needing a win away at Wisbech to win promotion. That's a tough game.
Any game is tough when it's the be all and end all, but if you let them choose any one opposition to play I suspect it would be Wisbech.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 03 Apr 2022, 13:37

Small point for consideration is that if Ilkeston were to win all four remaining games, they would have won seven on the spin, something they haven’t yet done this season at any point. By all accounts, they’re not playing very well at the moment either. It might not be enough for us given we realistically need them to drop points in two games and win all of ours, but football gravity suggests there’s some way to go before the fat lady can rev up the vocal chords.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 03 Apr 2022, 13:38

Although they have won seven consecutive league games (once- they lost to Bromsgrove in the Trophy), so it’s not impossible they could again.