Chasetown Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by Rich » 19 Mar 2022, 17:39

Wind for the upteenth week running ruined the game.
Didn't think we deserved to lose but didn't do enough to say we should have won
Cannot see what our plan is though. Gregs is not quick enough and had no-one close to him for support.
Not sure what new guy in midfield gives us, neither with new forward who came on as sub.

Really think on this performance we will really worry any of the other teams in the play offs, which where we are certainly heading now.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Mar 2022, 17:46

Made the mistake of going on Twitter. Think some people need some perspective (point about wind a very good one incidentally).

Sim will be back next week (well I was wrong about not missing him!), we have a straight forward enough run in, and wind far less likely to be an issue in the play offs.

Tactics were wrong today (Morris never a midfielder) and Gregory too isolated, but it’s gone. We’re three points off top, and while play offs looks most likely, all this ‘no one will be worried about us’ is quite frankly bollocks, and a lot can change in that time anyway.

Start the post mortem when the season is over. Call for the manager’s head when he’s completed a season and failed to deliver promotion if that’s your thing, but confidently declaring all is over and doom is upon us is, well, premature at best.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 17:54

Rich wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 17:39
Wind for the upteenth week running ruined the game.
Didn't think we deserved to lose but didn't do enough to say we should have won
Cannot see what our plan is though. Gregs is not quick enough and had no-one close to him for support.
Not sure what new guy in midfield gives us, neither with new forward who came on as sub.

Really think on this performance we will really worry any of the other teams in the play offs, which where we are certainly heading now.
No Id agree. I dont think we were 'that' bad but we were very very flat attacking. In all honesty, whilst we have put in some good performances this season, we have lacked consistency and its done for us, as well as losing important players at key times. Although 2-0 flatters Chasetown and I dont think they were the better team, they certainly looked sharper up top. Second half we started to pass the ball and hold on to it, but not really threatening.

Losing Sim when we did was a huge blow, because we certainly wouldnt have dropped the points we have. The League is Ilkeston's because I think Chasetown will drop points.

As for us, it depends which team turns up as to how our fortunes go.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2022, 17:57

Pathetic. Almost went without a whimper. I doubt very much we can win the league now, not just because of results, but more when did we actually play well? The 100% running and never say die attitude has gone. As Josh said, never mind cup finals, that was more like preseason friendly. Despite Pauls reaction to my comment a couple of weeks ago, I stand by my comment that some players are not good enough. If as it seems this is the week we condemn ourselves to the play offs, it is only an accumulation of previous week's results. There will be twists and turns yet so who knows but at the moment it's beyond disappointing.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2022, 18:16

In the 7 games since the promotion decider ::) at Ilkeston we've played to our potential once. And that was only against Loughborough. Coleshill was dogged and that's about it. So I don't necessarily agree with the idea of needing some perspective. At the moment we're not very good.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Mar 2022, 18:26

Ok fine, we’re doomed. Let’s forfeit all our remaining games and start thinking about pre-season.

Alternatively, stop and reflect we’ve beaten every single one of the top five, have been playing on crap pitches in the wind for weeks, and are still only three points off top.

It’s easy to think we’re brilliant when we’ve won and we’re shit when we’ve lost, but I’d hope I could be forgiven for trying very hard to remember that neither are true.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 18:32

fairweatherfan wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:26
Ok fine, we’re doomed. Let’s forfeit all our remaining games and start thinking about pre-season.

Alternatively, stop and reflect we’ve beaten every single one of the top five, have been playing on crap pitches in the wind for weeks, and are still only three points off top.

It’s easy to think we’re brilliant when we’ve won and we’re shit when we’ve lost, but I’d hope I could be forgiven for trying very hard to remember that neither are true.
You'll not be thanked for being reasonable ;) ;D

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Mar 2022, 18:36

Honestly, it’s only because I’m so prone to the dark side… deep down, I think we’re completely fucked and just trying to keep myself sane!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 19 Mar 2022, 18:46

fairweatherfan wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 17:46
all this ‘no one will be worried about us’ is quite frankly bollocks, and a lot can change in that time anyway.

Start the post mortem when the season is over. Call for the manager’s head when he’s completed a season and failed to deliver promotion if that’s your thing, but confidently declaring all is over and doom is upon us is, well, premature at best.
Certainly think Paul is the man to take us up out of this league and have full confidence in him being able to do so
Just saying dont understand our tactics at present and goals are not coming against the better sides as they were earlier in the season
Hopefully with Sim now available and fresh and a good run in on paper of games we can start another good run and hit the playoffs (unless others drop points to get us back in it) with confidence and get up.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 19 Mar 2022, 18:47

I thought the first half was even steven, neither side will g to break cover. The second half, by the way, was a different story. I wouldn't say Chasetown were better by any means, they just took there two chances, simple. Halesowen tried to create through Manning, Holmes and Finn but to no avail.
For me, and I would like to know what everybody else thinks, there was NO movement, which meant that Chasetown didn't have to move very far to keep tabs on Halesowen's front three, not that there were many chances.
Look, all I can say is let's not get too despondent and try again next week.
To say "it's all over" is.........a knee jerk reaction, tomorrow's another day!
Keep the faith................please?