fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Mar 2022, 18:51

Rich wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:46
fairweatherfan wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 17:46
all this ‘no one will be worried about us’ is quite frankly bollocks, and a lot can change in that time anyway.

Start the post mortem when the season is over. Call for the manager’s head when he’s completed a season and failed to deliver promotion if that’s your thing, but confidently declaring all is over and doom is upon us is, well, premature at best.
Certainly think Paul is the man to take us up out of this league and have full confidence in him being able to do so
Just saying dont understand our tactics at present and goals are not coming against the better sides as they were earlier in the season
Hopefully with Sim now available and fresh and a good run in on paper of games we can start another good run and hit the playoffs (unless others drop points to get us back in it) with confidence and get up.
Wasn’t aimed at anyone specifically (certainly not on here), and I’d agree with the comment about tactics completely. Also sadly don’t think Taylor is the player he once was. Just think that there is very much still everything to play for and there is plenty of evidence to support the idea we can still go up.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2022, 18:59

Never once said it's all over, we've just made it unnecessarily hard and now it looks long way back. I know in a fortnight we could be top but it doesn't disguise what has gone. We were better than this and for whatever reason the spark seems to have gone. If we win the last six games 10-0 I'll be the first to take my hat off to the lads but will take nothing back that I've said already.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 19:29

andy wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:59
Never once said it's all over, we've just made it unnecessarily hard and now it looks long way back. I know in a fortnight we could be top but it doesn't disguise what has gone. We were better than this and for whatever reason the spark seems to have gone. If we win the last six games 10-0 I'll be the first to take my hat off to the lads but will take nothing back that I've said already.
I think you have to base opinions on results and performances. We lost several key players, them had to replace them. Then Hawks and Sim got banned. It made a huge difference to consistency. Im a big believer in playing the best 11 regularily, and we found form when we did.

Paul has bought in players to cover positions, for such circumstances, but it does affect the team IMHO and I get why he wants a larger squad. I dont beleive we would have bought Taylor in however, if we hadnt lost Sim. But he is cover ultimately to fill a gap, having lost White and the younger Richard for a while too.
It is what it is, but Im certainly not writing the season off. I just think automatic is beyond us. Not mathematically, but I cant see both Chasetown and Ilkeston dropping too many points to our benefit.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 19 Mar 2022, 19:42

I don’t go to all the Halesowen games as you may or may not be aware, and I didn’t go today however I have been to enough to this season to feel I like warrant my say.

I have to be honest and say there is a part of me who is glad that I didn’t go today, as I knew we wouldn’t win and I expected a defeat today.

This is due to the fact that we have dropped points in our last two away games against semi decent opposition. In fact, if you look at our record in so called ‘big games’ this season against so called promotion rivals, it doesn’t make for great reading. Ilkeston at home, Coleshill at homer stand out in particular.

Many questions will now be asked of the management, players after this result and rightly so.

Today is the day when automatic promotion is officially out of the window and whilst there is still the playoffs I feel we have gone now as do not feel we will not recover from this.

Personally I feel it is time to look towards next season. Whilst I am not of some people’s perception that Paul is the messiah many perceive him to be, I feel he deserves another season at the helm as we have had two seasons wasted, however I feel for next season we need a new approach and probably time to call time on a lot of this trusted squad who a lot are still living off the FA Trophy run two seasons ago.

Whilst that was a phenomenal achievement and arguably the best Yeltz side I have seen in 20 years of following them, and of course if it wasn’t due to Covid we would have no doubt celebrated promotion and an FA Trophy final appearance, but times move on and we need to move on as well.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 19 Mar 2022, 19:46

The first goal took an age to go in. The second was ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as Chasetown's coach driver getting a run out as sub though.. Fattest footballer I've ever seen.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 19 Mar 2022, 20:00

dalevillain wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:42
probably time to call time on a lot of this trusted squad who a lot are still living off the FA Trophy run two seasons ago.
Surprisingly I think there is only Evans, McCone, Cobourne and Hawker left from the main team.
Holmes joined half way through the season and Wright was in the squad
All the rest have now left

Was Ahmed Ali injured or not selected for todays 16??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2022, 20:01

Just looked at Ilkeston's run in. Irrespective of what we do, hello play offs.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Mar 2022, 20:09

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:46
The first goal took an age to go in. The second was ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as Chasetown's coach driver getting a run out as sub though.. Fattest footballer I've ever seen.
..and there have been one or two this season. Greg Smith of Spalding who managed to score the winner.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 20:13

Rich wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:00
dalevillain wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:42
probably time to call time on a lot of this trusted squad who a lot are still living off the FA Trophy run two seasons ago.
Surprisingly I think there is only Evans, McCone, Cobourne and Hawker left from the main team.
Holmes joined half way through the season and Wright was in the squad
All the rest have now left

Was Ahmed Ali injured or not selected for todays 16??
I thought that. I dont think we can say theyre living off it tbh and of those, I dont think any of them need moving anywhere. Just read on Fakebook, someone questioning whether the owners are happy with us at this Level ffs. We aint looking at Premier League football if we get promoted *rolls eyes

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Mar 2022, 20:16

drummyb wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:29
andy wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:59
I think you have to base opinions on results and performances. We lost several key players, them had to replace them. Then Hawks and Sim got banned. It made a huge difference to consistency.
You're right, although players getting sent off is indicative of a flaw. It's indicative of poor discipline and performance, and even more so when they are unnecessary. We've had a few this season so we only have ourselves to blame.