Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 19 Mar 2022, 20:20

juanillo wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:09
Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:46
The first goal took an age to go in. The second was ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as Chasetown's coach driver getting a run out as sub though.. Fattest footballer I've ever seen.
..and there have been one or two this season. Greg Smith of Spalding who managed to score the winner.
We've got one or two who look like they could lose a couple of pounds but he, probably literally, took the biscuit. McCone, suitably awe-struck, patted his belly when he came on.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Mar 2022, 20:34

Rich wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:00
dalevillain wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:42
probably time to call time on a lot of this trusted squad who a lot are still living off the FA Trophy run two seasons ago.
Surprisingly I think there is only Evans, McCone, Cobourne and Hawker left from the main team.
Holmes joined half way through the season and Wright was in the squad
All the rest have now left

Was Ahmed Ali injured or not selected for todays 16??
Ahmed Ali is on international duty with Somalia.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 20:34

juanillo wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:16
drummyb wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:29
andy wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:59
Never once said it's all over, we've just made it unnecessarily hard and now it looks long way back. I know in a fortnight we could be top but it doesn't disguise what has gone. We were better than this and for whatever reason the spark seems to have gone. If we win the last six games 10-0 I'll be the first to take my hat off to the lads but will take nothing back that I've said already.
I think you have to base opinions on results and performances. We lost several key players, them had to replace them. Then Hawks and Sim got banned. It made a huge difference to consistency.
You're right, although players getting sent off is indicative of a flaw. It's indicative of poor discipline and performance, and even more so when they are unnecessary. We've had a few this season so we only have ourselves to blame.
Quite true. Those are only two of our red cards, but i think we've had at least two more. Out of interest, do they compile a disciplinary table in this league??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2022, 20:44

lutleyyeltz wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:34
Rich wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:00
dalevillain wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 19:42
probably time to call time on a lot of this trusted squad who a lot are still living off the FA Trophy run two seasons ago.
Surprisingly I think there is only Evans, McCone, Cobourne and Hawker left from the main team.
Holmes joined half way through the season and Wright was in the squad
All the rest have now left

Was Ahmed Ali injured or not selected for todays 16??
Ahmed Ali is on international duty with Somalia.

Indeed he was. Can't believe we haven't made more of it on here as we have done in the past with our Caribbean Island internationals.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2022, 20:48

Befuddles me that he cant hold a starting place for us but is an international footballer.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 19 Mar 2022, 22:24

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 19th March 2022

Halesowen Town 0 Chasetown 2

Chasetown triumphed with two late goals in the showdown between two of the top three teams, writes DJ.

Halesowen manager Paul Smith didn’t hide away from the disappointing defeat and conceded “we were beaten by the better side and Chasetown deserved their win. I take responsibility for the wrong team selection, but the line-up should’ve been good enough to win the game. We now need to find a way back to form.”

It was all square at the break with few clear chances in a nervy, first period as both title-chasing sides cancelled each other out.

Chasetown won an early corner delivered by Kris Taylor in the swirling wind but Halesowen managed to scramble the ball clear. Halesowen’s leading scorer Richard Gregory then launched a speculative shot over the Chasetown bar from the halfway line.

Home defender Paul McCone did well to tidy up in the 24th minute after Joey Butlin threaded the ball through to Liam Kirton in the penalty area and Taylor’s 26th minute free-kick then drifted through the Halesowen area.

With Richard Gregory looking isolated up front for Halesowen, the home side had to wait until the 30th minute for goalkeeper Curtis Pond to be tested by Kyle Finn’s 25 yard shot. An excellent 31st minute move involving Finn and Brad Birch then ended with McKauley Manning’s low shot being saved by Pond.

Chasetown’s Oli Hayward turned to fire at goalkeeper Dan Platt in the 32nd minute before both Finn and Manning struck long range efforts wide for Halesowen. The Scholars went close to taking a narrow lead after 39 minutes when Paul McCone’s clearance found its way out to captain Danny O’Callaghan and he placed his shot just inches wide with Platt rooted to his line.

Halesowen improved in the first part of the second half and finally forced their first corner in the 52nd minute. Manning did well a minute later to set up Gregory but his low shot from a wide angle was saved by Pond. Home substitute Jack Holmes then took on the visiting defence in the 58th minute to fire a low shot at Pond. It was no surprise that Gregory was behind Halesowen’s best chance of the game when his 64th minute shot forced a fine save from Pond.

With the game seemingly drifting to stalemate, Chasetown took all three points with two late goals. A 72nd minute corner could only be cleared to BUTLIN and his low shot from the edge of the area beat unsighted home goalkeeper Platt to find the net.

Chasetown soon doubled their lead in the 82nd minute following a dreadful defensive misunderstanding between Yeltz defender Nat Kelly and goalkeeper Platt when clearing the ball, leaving KIRTON with the simple task of slotting the ball into an empty net.

Halesowen were unable to respond as Chasetown comfortably held onto their crucial win to stay level with Ilkeston at the top of the table, while the Yeltz now fall three points off the pace.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Rob Evans (Lewis Wright 64), Josh Ezewele, Kieran Morris (Michael Taylor 73), Paul McCone (c), Nat Kelly, Josh Hawker, Brad Birch (Jack Holmes 57), Kyle Finn, Richard Gregory, McKauley Manning. Subs Not Used: Chris Lait, Richard Smith.

Chasetown: Curtis Pond; Josh Mansell, Jordan Evans, Kris Taylor, Ryan Wynter, Oli Hayward, Liam Kirton, Jack Langston (Mitch Botfield 85), Joey Butlin (Kyle Perry 90), Danny O’Callaghan (c), Benjamin Lund (Dilano Reid 90). Subs Not Used: Luke McGinnell, Zack Foster.

Referee: Harry Warner Attendance: 1,727
Booked: McCone (77)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by ACE Embroidery: Paul McCone