Carlton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Carlton Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 16:22

We must get promoted.

Is such an obvious statement, but we need to. I can't come to this shithole again.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Mar 2022, 16:26

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:21
We must get promoted.

Is such an obvious statement, but we need to. I can't come to this shithole again.
I know. Worse than Homer Hill. Briefly was 2-2 but now 3-2 to us. Not a bad game this

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 16:42

Chasetown losing 3 nil.
Ilkeston 0 - 0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Mar 2022, 16:58

3-3 :(
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 16:59

Basics.

The inability to deal with basic balls into the box. And the inability to practice the basic tactic of taking the ball into the corner when you're leading away from home heading into the last few mins.

Gregory (who has been amazing) didn't take the ball into the corner (nor did Holmes before) He gave the ball away and Carlton scored from a counter attack. I noticed Sim did similar late on away at Wisbech. Why aren't we streetwise?

It's basic errors that have cost us the win.

A point isn't the end of the world, but we've squandered a good chance today because we failed to do the basics of football. Disappointed.

We need to improve.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 05 Mar 2022, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 17:03

Why was Kelly subbed? Was he injured? If not, it was odd.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Mar 2022, 19:08

As games go, it was very end to end and for a neutral it would have been a good watch. Agree with Josh that we threw it way through our own mistakes, but I thought in fairness it was two fairly even teams. I didnt hold out much hope when I saw the front two tbh. I know why Taylor was bought to the club and he gives 100%, but he reminds me of a Don Smith type of player, in that you chuck him on for the last ten to rest someone and if he scores, bonus. He is the answer to the question that nobody asked yet.
I thought all the attacks broke down with the ball forward to him. I dont want to disrespect the bloke, cos of his workrate, but I suspect he isnt the player he once was.

The back 4 didnt look right and I dont think swapping it around helped at all. Having said all of that, Im not too disappointed with a point as I dont think there was much between us

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 19:27

In fairness to Taylor he contributed today, he's clearly not fit, nor match sharp. If and when he gets up to speed, there's a player there.

Without sounding disrespectful, which will no doubt be impossible based on my next sentence, that's a damn sight more than a specific player, who should be no where near the first team squad.

I'm loathe to single out players, but I'm sure it won't take too much working out to guess whom I'm referring to. Surely we've got far better options, that could at least offer something, in our academy? Why not give them a go?
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 05 Mar 2022, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Mar 2022, 19:30

Also, I don't think it was two matched teams. We were easily the better side. But sloppy play and errors cost us massively. If today finished 3-0, Carlton wouldn't have had too many complaints.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Mar 2022, 19:30

I’ve no idea what to make of that. Was a hell of a strike to equalise. There were still 7-8 minutes when Gregory chose not to head to the corner, so can see it both ways. Just feels like things aren’t really going our way- we hit the bar twice, while they have one (two?) fly in the top corner.

Plenty of life left in this campaign yet.