Carlton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Carlton Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Mar 2022, 19:36

Also, yeah, probably a reason Rich Smith was playing step 6. Understand players can improve, especially when working with our coaches, but he’s not adding a great deal as things stand.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 05 Mar 2022, 19:47

dont know where my post disappeared to but will try again. We gifted them 3 goals, missed chances , hit the bar twice against a niggling side, but still should have won. The pitch was uneven , the ground a shitehole and how they got ground grading astounds me. Why Smith was brought on instead of Lait or Holmes to run at their defence baffled me. I suspect Kelly like Birch were subbed as they had been booked. It seems that everytime Ilkeston drop points , we fail to take advantage. Disappointed to say the least.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Mar 2022, 20:24

KenR wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:47
...Why Smith was brought on instead of Lait or Holmes to run at their defence baffled me. I suspect Kelly like Birch were subbed as they had been booked. It seems that everytime Ilkeston drop points , we fail to take advantage. Disappointed to say the least.
I wasn't there today, but yes, that substitution would certainly have baffled me.

Such a disappointment given that Ilkeston dropped points.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Mar 2022, 20:46

Can't afford to be trying players at this stage of the season. If we are 3 up it's different. The best players on the bench should be the replacements. Wrong personnel cost us against Spalding also. Great opportunity missed pointswise today.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Mar 2022, 21:17

andy wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 20:46
Can't afford to be trying players at this stage of the season. If we are 3 up it's different. The best players on the bench should be the replacements. Wrong personnel cost us against Spalding also. Great opportunity missed pointswise today.
Quite correct. The defense has looked steady since Kelly arrived. Things get changed around and we looked clumsy at the back. I think Macca is at his best knowing how Kelly plays. Feel a bit for Lewis Wright who hadnt done much wrong but he will struggle for a place.
In relation to Smith being bought on I kind of get it for the height, and a younger pair of legs for Taylor, but again both are cover for injuries players. Lait is a good call though.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Mar 2022, 14:28

Whilst it was frustrating to chuck the lead away three times, it’s still a weekend where we netted out a bit better than when we went in.
Two highlights though.
Gregory tussling with one of their players and finishing it off by pulling his alice band and letting it twang back into his face.
And even better, Platty remonstrating with the ref as they walked off at half time -
“Ref, you’re supposed to be partial!”
Linesman comments, “I think you mean impartial…”

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Mar 2022, 14:41

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 14:28
Whilst it was frustrating to chuck the lead away three times, it’s still a weekend where we netted out a bit better than when we went in.
Two highlights though.
Gregory tussling with one of their players and finishing it off by pulling his alice band and letting it twang back into his face.
And even better, Platty remonstrating with the ref as they walked off at half time -
Oh man. The last two are brilliant. Gutted I missed them but thats made me chuckle.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 06 Mar 2022, 14:55

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 14:28
Two highlights though.
To add to this, as he approached the tunnel, one of their fans shouted at Platty that he was a c*nt (in response to the above conversation), to which, without pausing for breath, Platty replied ‘and you’ve got herpes you tramp’.

Top marks for effort from all involved.

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 06 Mar 2022, 15:20

Hello all,

Lots of questions about yesterday by the looks of it, I’m at a loose end for an hour or so, any questions fire away…

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 06 Mar 2022, 15:38

Hello Paul, how come now, or yesterday, did you decide to change from four at the back to a three? And why was Rob Evans on the bench when, for me , he's a great player playing in a three, on the right?
Thanks in advance and good luck for promotion 👍🏼