Soham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Soham Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Feb 2022, 19:05

Regarding Ilkeston, having had their skipper sent off last week and Slabhead Jnr this week, they’re not going to be at full strength.
Plus they have to play Chasetown and they can’t both win that one.
Believe!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Feb 2022, 19:14

fairweatherfan wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 15:52
Wind is significant. Means they’ve been able to set a press and it’s been hard for us to clear our lines. Big advantage with the change of end. Maybe I’m excessively optimistic, but think we’ll be fine.
Yeah the wind played a part definitely, although I did think it didnt really affect Soham. Pleased with a brighter second half though.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 12 Feb 2022, 19:24

It did affect Soham though- think how many times their keeper put the ball into the Harry Rudge stand when he was trying to clear!

Tricky game, excellent three points and honestly that’s all that matters. Graham Drury (Stamford manager) has said a few times about how hard things get at this stage of the season and the important thing is you find a way. I’ve thought for a long time people expecting/ thinking we need to win 15 of our last 15 was unrealistic. No one in the league is wildly above (or indeed below) the standard. Whoever can get to 88 points will go up as champions, and still very much think that will be us (as long as Richard Gregory stays fit).

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 12 Feb 2022, 19:32

YeltzDoc wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:05
Regarding Ilkeston, having had their skipper sent off last week and Slabhead Jnr this week, they’re not going to be at full strength.
Plus they have to play Chasetown and they can’t both win that one.
Believe!
You've been listening to me too much........ :D

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Feb 2022, 20:03

fairweatherfan wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:24
It did affect Soham though- think how many times their keeper put the ball into the Harry Rudge stand when he was trying to clear!

Tricky game, excellent three points and honestly that’s all that matters. Graham Drury (Stamford manager) has said a few times about how hard things get at this stage of the season and the important thing is you find a way. I’ve thought for a long time people expecting/ thinking we need to win 15 of our last 15 was unrealistic. No one in the league is wildly above (or indeed below) the standard. Whoever can get to 88 points will go up as champions, and still very much think that will be us (as long as Richard Gregory stays fit).
Yes but they seemed to be able to pass it round better in the second as we did, but not as effectively obviously.
There are going to be lots of twists yet. Im still not wholly convinced we are consistant to win the league but Ill accept I dont watch Chasetown or Ilkeston, so cant comment. One thing I will say is that the players as a group are together.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Feb 2022, 20:52

In all honesty it's anyone's. The frustration I guess is that on our day we look invincible, on another day very average. Probably though the other contenders fans are saying exactly the same. Unfortunately level of support, owners, ground, history etc, are not going to get us to where we belong, just that bit more consistency than the others and a slice or two of luck. Oh, and having Hawker back.....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Feb 2022, 13:59

What a horrible day, and an awful game of football to watch, in poor conditions. The wind was horrendous, and ruined the game as a spectical.

I felt we did well to earn the win. We should've gone in to HT 2 or 3 up, after hitting the woodwork twice, and forcing the GK into some saves.

Second half, we got the lead, and saw the game out with relative ease. It really was a scrappy win. But we got the job done. Onto Carlton.

In fairness to Soham, they weren't as bad as I expected, and (despite the scoreline) they gave Ilkeston a good game the other week. They're obviously stranded at the bottom of the table, but I guess this just highlights how competitive the league is.

I suspect the remaining ten games will be just as scrappy, as the finishing line nears, and the pressure/nerves kick in, given how tight it is at the top. I also believe all three of us will struggle to string results together. I fully expect us all to drop silly points against teams we 'shouldn't' be dropping points against. There's going to be plenty of twists and turns, yet. Exciting. If you're a neutral!

Nat Kelly was man of the match for me, what a signing he has been.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Feb 2022, 16:40

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 13:59
Nat Kelly was man of the match for me, what a signing he has been.
100% this…the guy is immense and we’ll do well to hang on to him into next season

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Feb 2022, 19:42

He certainly makes a huge difference. The pairing with McCone is superb and he's come in and banished defensive frailties.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 Feb 2022, 16:39

YTV highlights.

Absolutely outrageous from Manning at 08:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-dIsuSA_v0