Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by andy » 07 Feb 2022, 22:52

Yep, more than happy to grind out a 1-0. But oh dear, we're going to have to improve to keep winning games. I think the celebrations by the players at the end (as if we'd just won the league) showed how they knew we'd got away with one. Can't fault the endeavour, but the quality was poor. Shout out to Simmo though, ran tirelessly all night for little reward. Still, wins a win. Onwards!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Feb 2022, 22:53

drummyb wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 22:48

No it wasnt great BUT Id say we did just about enough to win it.
Seriously?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Feb 2022, 22:58

Yeah. For all the possession they had I can only think of a couple of shots that really troubled us and the back line held out. Of course it was a bit squeaky bum, but balanced out against our efforts, Id say we just about deserved it. I couldnt have complained at a draw but my belief still stands.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 Feb 2022, 00:03

Thanks to Andy for making me miss the first goal.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Feb 2022, 08:02

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 00:03
Thanks to Andy for making me miss the first goal.
Sorry mate.😁

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 Feb 2022, 11:35

fairweatherfan wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 22:23
Wasn’t great, but can’t have it both ways and say we should have ground out a 1-0 on Saturday and then when we do that, it’s not good enough (not that anyone has!)

Very satisfying, especially when considered how they behaved at ours after they won. 27 points to go…
It was a gritty and well earned performance. Was it pretty? No. But I put that down to two major factors;

1. The plastic pitch. I can't overstate how much I detest these abominations. The FA should eradicate them from the game. They're seldom maintained correctly. They cause long term career threatening (and at this level, job threatening) injuries, and the quality of football produced when matches are played on them is sub-standard. I've never witnessed a good game of football on the pieces of shit. I'm sick and tired of visiting tin pot grounds that have these ridiculous pitches installed.

I don't give a toss about the financial and business logic that the pitches bring to clubs. Get rid of them. If clubs want to be solvent, produce a decent grass pitch, maintain it correctly, do all you can to increase your attendance and sponsorship income. They shouldn't be allowed to get grants for 4G pitches, which they then rent out to any Tom, Dick and Harry, then refuse to pay to maintain the surface to the point it becomes a hazard.

If the Grove ever installed such a pitch, I'd give up and go and watch Lye. Our owners have more sense, pride and dignity than to subject the Yeltz faithful to such atrocities.

2. Playing a game 48 hours removed from Saturday. I don't care what level you play at, that's a quick turnaround, and will lead to scrappy performances.

The key is that we battled through the above and EARNED 3 points. Just as we battled and EARNED a point when 2-1, and 1 man down, v Ilkeston. Which makes Saturdays half hearted and poor performance even more frustrating. What a costly result that could be.

That being said, after Saturday I questioned the desire of the majority of the players, and their attitude, in terms of not respecting the opponent. They more than answered that question.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Feb 2022, 13:00

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Feb 2022, 13:05

piearce9 wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 13:00
Have you seen this?

www.ht-fc.com/yeltz-unveil-plans-for-st ... 3g-surface
😂😂😂I can see Josh’s frothing mouth from here 😂😂😂he’s clicked the link a thousand times already 😂😂😂

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Feb 2022, 13:07

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 11:35
fairweatherfan wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 22:23
Wasn’t great, but can’t have it both ways and say we should have ground out a 1-0 on Saturday and then when we do that, it’s not good enough (not that anyone has!)

Very satisfying, especially when considered how they behaved at ours after they won. 27 points to go…
It was a gritty and well earned performance. Was it pretty? No. But I put that down to two major factors;

1. The plastic pitch. I can't overstate how much I detest these abominations. The FA should eradicate them from the game. They're seldom maintained correctly. They cause long term career threatening (and at this level, job threatening) injuries, and the quality of football produced when matches are played on them is sub-standard. I've never witnessed a good game of football on the pieces of shit. I'm sick and tired of visiting tin pot grounds that have these ridiculous pitches installed.

I don't give a toss about the financial and business logic that the pitches bring to clubs. Get rid of them. If clubs want to be solvent, produce a decent grass pitch, maintain it correctly, do all you can to increase your attendance and sponsorship income. They shouldn't be allowed to get grants for 4G pitches, which they then rent out to any Tom, Dick and Harry, then refuse to pay to maintain the surface to the point it becomes a hazard.

If the Grove ever installed such a pitch, I'd give up and go and watch Lye. Our owners have more sense, pride and dignity than to subject the Yeltz faithful to such atrocities.

2. Playing a game 48 hours removed from Saturday. I don't care what level you play at, that's a quick turnaround, and will lead to scrappy performances.

The key is that we battled through the above and EARNED 3 points. Just as we battled and EARNED a point when 2-1, and 1 man down, v Ilkeston. Which makes Saturdays half hearted and poor performance even more frustrating. What a costly result that could be.

That being said, after Saturday I questioned the desire of the majority of the players, and their attitude, in terms of not respecting the opponent. They more than answered that question.
Is Josh my secret love child? This is parrot fashion what I have said for years 😂if they want these greengrocers table pitches f*** off and start a league of their own 🤯

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Feb 2022, 13:43

Great post Josh, and what a good idea from OG about them having their own league. Just call it a different name because it ain't football.