Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2022, 20:05

YeltzDoc wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 14:51
lutleyyeltz wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 13:08
https://youtu.be/_A4VG9EYDms
Mostly video of Poll, who makes an appearance at the start and the end.
A fun vlog, not too much football in it, but a good watch.
Who needs football when I’m in it? :D

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 30 Jan 2022, 20:06

https://t.co/FB0EnRhHUK

Thoughts of their manager. Probably fair enough. I hate it when people are reasonable.
Last edited by fairweatherfan on 30 Jan 2022, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 30 Jan 2022, 20:33

Yeah I thought Carruthers gave a fair assessment. Ilkeston really should have wrapped it up, but you can only credit our players for showing the character to get back in it (twice). I’m sure it’s been said already but felt like a win to us.

On the “trouble”, I believe certain people have now been identified and let’s hope that they get the message that their actions were very unwelcome.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 30 Jan 2022, 21:11

piearce9 wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 20:33
Yeah I thought Carruthers gave a fair assessment. Ilkeston really should have wrapped it up, but you can only credit our players for showing the character to get back in it (twice). I’m sure it’s been said already but felt like a win to us.

On the “trouble”, I believe certain people have now been identified and let’s hope that they get the message that their actions were very unwelcome.
To me, the body language and manner in that interview looked more like a manager that has just suffered a heavy defeat. Having looked at Companies House this evening, I can’t help thinking that there is something strange going on behind the scenes there.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 30 Jan 2022, 21:16

Noggin wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 21:11
piearce9 wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 20:33

To me, the body language and manner in that interview looked more like a manager that has just suffered a heavy defeat. Having looked at Companies House this evening, I can’t help thinking that there is something strange going on behind the scenes there.
I said something similar to someone else this week and was told I was imagining it, so pleased to read someone else thinks there’s something not quite right!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 30 Jan 2022, 21:54

On the face of it, they seem to be doing things well at Ilkeston. It’s always been a classic non-league ground and they’ve seemingly invested a fair bit on it. (Not sure about the fancy dugout seats though!) The stewards and staff at the ground all seemed perfectly friendly and their fan base doesn’t seem half as bad as they used to be. It’s kind of disappointing we’ve been paired up in the league because they’re a big fish at Step 4. I came away full of respect.

I guess you could be right that the balance sheet might not be balancing too well - particularly with the Montel signing as well - but I’m inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

My only other thought was that, for a crowd of 2000+, they didn’t sing or make much noise. Felt liked it lacked in a bit of atmosphere.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 31 Jan 2022, 07:45

Noggin wrote:
Blimey, it sounds like Sunday evenings are about as much fun in your house as ours ::)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 31 Jan 2022, 07:47

Noggin wrote:
Do you think they too might have some involvement with a walrus smuggling ciggies? ;)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Feb 2022, 12:30

Having just watched the highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_e8TBhiy4 - its hugely satisfying that Laits Goal nutmegs the Maguire idiot. Karma

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Feb 2022, 13:12

Noggin, care to expand on your findings. You can't leave us non-clever people on a cliffhanger! ::)
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz