Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 18:55

Left before our second as I figured Id avoid the rush, so I dunno what the comelatelys did. Prior to that I thought theyd been fab, singing all the way through.....however there had been a roaring trade in Strongbow. A draw was a fair result, and not much between either side although we could have had a couple more, with Gregs free kick and Sim hitting the bar.. Quite why their number 5 decided to try and wind everyone up I dont know, because their was no animosity at all.

Finally. We gotta stop getting players sent off.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 29 Jan 2022, 19:08

410viawednesbury wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 18:27
Well!.......the jonnycomelately's were out in force!
Absolute BELL ENDS.............thanks for nothing.
Two on the pitch, a flare, and a bit of argue bargie on the car park, but didn’t see anything *too* bad…?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 19:10

Well if youre gonna let the kids drink....

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 19:43

juanillo wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 15:58
drummyb wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 15:52
Very tight game and not much in it. Not sure why their fat defender decided to give it big after the goal.
I missed that..was it Harry Maguire's brother?
Yeah. Did it after the second as well. Surprised I saw him tbh, stuck in that shadow.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 29 Jan 2022, 19:52

fairweatherfan wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 19:08
410viawednesbury wrote:
Two on the pitch, a flare, and a bit of argue bargie on the car park, but didn’t see anything *too* bad…?
Two fans on the pitch, a flare and “fans” fighting isn’t too bad? Jesus.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 29 Jan 2022, 20:09

CRHTheTog wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 19:52
fairweatherfan wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 19:08
410viawednesbury wrote:
Two fans on the pitch, a flare and “fans” fighting isn’t too bad? Jesus.
I feel missing out my emphasis on “too” robs the statement of its point. I understand now that the flare burnt the pitch= not flash, while I didn’t see any fighting, but rather some children shouting at each other. The question mark also opens the point out to suggesting that I may have missed something.

Of course, feel free to insinuate I’m some of savage. I’m not precious.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 29 Jan 2022, 20:15

No insinuation intended, and not saying that.

Just that flares are illegal and as we have seen in the past, can cause damage to other fans and get clubs into financial trouble.

My understanding is it wasn’t arguing after the game.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 29 Jan 2022, 20:16

A couple of over-exuberant lads vaulted the hoardings but in a strange degree of decorum didn’t go over the white line.

Some idiot threw a flare which was almost immediately picked up, the smoke was already being blown to Kingdom come by the gale, and some small scorches were left on the pitch.
(If you’re after Draconian, a steward that I was chatting to assured me that everything was on CCTV and would be dealt with where possible)
And there was a bit of pushing and shoving between 17 year olds outside the game afterwards.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 20:39

In all honesty, non league clubs need to pull the fingers out a bit for big games like that. Easily a bigger crowd than some national league/ league games. If youre gonna get big crowds, you will invite more problems. I was expecting searches.
Most of the people there, werent at Wisbech, Spalding etc etc. And if youre gonna let people get smashed on cans, it invites problems.

Ok. I didnt see any of it, but im not surprised. It may be nothing, but it does reflect well on the club.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 29 Jan 2022, 20:48

I saw the flare but not any after match stuff. There was a big crowd and I observed that quite a few were not really watching the game too much, and that went for both sets of supporters.

As for the game, we scored at a time when we weren't really creating much. In the first half of the second half they were the better team, albeit not by a great deal.

However we looked dangerous after we scored and even with 10. We obviously had to withstand some aerial bombardment, as that was their tactic for much of the second half. So well done to the team for not buckling and getting a well-earned draw.

I think the red card may have been merited, but as always it was made worse by their number 10 going down in agony and of course he was up and running about straight afterwards.

I must admit I didn't realise Montel Gibson was playing until he went off injured.

I didn't think either team created a lot of top quality overall on the day, although the conditions were tricky.