Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by old git » 01 Feb 2022, 13:24

Having just watched the video two things stand out. First when Platty is flattened in the first half do a slow mo and watch the number 7’s right hand sneaky smack on the side of Platty’s head.
More important I keep watching the Hawker red card and I’m still scratching me head how it was red….or am I being biased here when I say it was more to do with the theatrics than the actual tackle ?.?

Opinions please

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Feb 2022, 15:40

theatrics or not, awful challenge, over the top of the ball and down the front of his leg. Gave the referee a decision he didn't need to have to make.

Their second goal was nearly in next week let alone offside!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Feb 2022, 15:56

HalesowenHarry wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 15:40
theatrics or not, awful challenge, over the top of the ball and down the front of his leg. Gave the referee a decision he didn't need to have to make.

Just watched again on slowmo and it proves what a great game it is when we see opposites, but I still can’t make out actual contact with him.

As to their second goal I didn’t comment as I thought I was being stupid. ???😂

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Feb 2022, 15:59

Just seen this on Twitterfacebookthingy
https://twitter.com/jhawker341/status/1 ... 07680?s=21

Kiddyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Kiddyeltz » 01 Feb 2022, 16:11

old git wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 15:56
HalesowenHarry wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 15:40

Just watched again on slowmo and it proves what a great game it is when we see opposites, but I still can’t make out actual contact with him.

As to their second goal I didn’t comment as I thought I was being stupid. ???😂
Not offside as was headed on by Kelly(I think)

Where was Plattys save at the end?

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 03 Feb 2022, 12:51

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/club

And so say all of us!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Feb 2022, 15:08

As an unnecessarily antagonistic aside, their ground was getting a lot of love on the socials.
Really?

I thought it was horrible.

Neat and tidy, obvs. But a new build in the middle of nowhere.
And the terrace we stood on behind the goal was below the level of the pitch and further sloped away as it went back.

Nice clubhouse and odd scout hut on one side. The covered terrace looked nice too, I'm guessing that this end went up as it went back. You know, like football terraces do. But given the style of the other end, I can't be sure.

The clock tower stand is nice and new too, but how odd to just have it poked up a corner. And whilst the clock is a nice touch, it has all the architectural merit of an out-of-town Morrisons.
Then the mega-dugouts, complete with the tossy seating, and finally some more below pitch level standing.

I did like the enormous mound over the fence up the other end though. Great for saving a tenner I guess.

Now, I'm aware that The Grove isn't exactly up there with the new Spurs stadium, and is generally described as "traditional" with all that this doesn't say, but I know where I'd rather watch my football.

I should have guessed that it would be 'orrible though. The sort of people they have looking after buildings in Derbyshire would make your blood curdle.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 03 Feb 2022, 15:21

YeltzDoc wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 15:08
I did like the enormous mound over the fence up the other end though. Great for saving a tenner I guess.

I should have guessed that it would be 'orrible though. The sort of people they have looking after buildings in Derbyshire would make your blood curdle.
Meoowww! Saucer of milk for Tiddles please.

The mound of earth was the Erewash Druids Society Burial Mound - a Grade II * Listed Monument - I told you that on Saturday but would you listen?

As for maintenance of property in Derbyshire, I'm not having that either - I don't look after Derbyshire, just Derby. I told you that too!

And no, I missed my train!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Feb 2022, 15:31

Admins - someone has hacked Westy's account.

There's no way the real Westy could have quoted two bits of my post in the same bubble.

Please delete / block / mute.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Feb 2022, 17:18

YeltzDoc wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 15:31
Admins - someone has hacked Westy's account.

There's no way the real Westy could have quoted two bits of my post in the same bubble.

Please delete / block / mute.
I taught him.....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0