Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 20:53

Very quiet game for Montel, but he did likewise at Dourbridge.
I dont think either side had loads of chances, or deserved to win. In any case, if anyone had won, there is still lots of football to play yet.
Two pretty much evenly matched sides I thought. Very impressed with the stadium I might add.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Jan 2022, 21:05

So, after this much vaunted title decider, with only another 39 points up for grabs ::) that apparently half of the Midlands wanted to see, we find ourselves in the same position as this morning. Apart from the fact that Chasetown ( who we both have to play in March) are now only one point behind. The final winners of this league will be the team that can treat EVERY game like this one and I wouldn't like to put money on the outcome. It will get interesting I'm sure.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Jan 2022, 21:12

andy wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 21:05
So, after this much vaunted title decider, with only another 39 points up for grabs ::) that apparently half of the Midlands wanted to see, we find ourselves in the same position as this morning. Apart from the fact that Chasetown ( who we both have to play in March) are now only one point behind. The final winners of this league will be the team that can treat EVERY game like this one and I wouldn't like to put money on the outcome. It will get interesting I'm sure.
Party pooper ;) ;D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 30 Jan 2022, 07:31

drummyb wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 20:39
And if youre gonna let people get smashed on cans, it invites problems.
I was surprised at that. Normally any beers on the terraces have to be in plastic "glasses". Strange. ???

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Jan 2022, 11:18

How many leagues have a genuine 3 horse race for the title?

It's a shame I'm not a neutral. It's going down to the last game of the season. And there will be twists and turns. We'll go top, and then lose, and fall to third. I'm sure Chasetown will, too. And Ilkeston. Hopefully we'll end up top, after all is said and done!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 30 Jan 2022, 12:46

Well what a day yesterday was. The two best sides in the division going toe to toe with each other and creating a great advert for non-league football on the pitch.

It was a crazy game which had almost everything. If I’m being perfectly honest I think for me Ilkeston just ever so slightly shaded it as the better team but we showed unbelievable character to come from behind twice and snatch a point with 10 men. As crazy as the game was we could have even won it at the end, however as well could have lost but a worldie save from Platty kept us in it.

Great following from the Yeltz and also from Ilkeston - an attendance of nearly 2,500 is obscene for the level of football. The majority behaved themselves however there were always going to be a few idiots who would cause trouble and try and ruin it. Can’t say I recognise the scumbags from photos so are not true Halesowen fans and certainly should not be welcome if they try and venture down the Grove at any point in future.
Last edited by dalevillain on 30 Jan 2022, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Jan 2022, 13:08

Those idiots need identifying and banning from future Yeltz matches.

https://youtu.be/_A4VG9EYDms

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 30 Jan 2022, 13:44

Enough talk about a handful of morons
We started brightly and looked like Lait should have at least forced keeper to save when he got in behind.
Their goal came against the run of play but credit to him was a great finish.
They seemed to boss most of the second half and seemed was going to be a matter of how many players we would be left with.
Sending off seemed right to me but feel it was Hawks reacting to the high bounce of the ball.

What an end though and we had a chance to win it at the end but Platty's save seemed tremendous at the death too.

Just hope Evo (who I presume went off injured), Wrighty and Sim are ok for next week along with any other knocks we took.

An excellent day out and the attitude of both teams fully justified their league positions.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 30 Jan 2022, 14:51

lutleyyeltz wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 13:08
https://youtu.be/_A4VG9EYDms
Mostly video of Poll, who makes an appearance at the start and the end.
A fun vlog, not too much football in it, but a good watch.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Jan 2022, 19:22

I saw Will Burford there, and only knew he was cos he had popped up in a You tube feed once. Just watched the gaffers interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmyBkiAKvs
He clearly aint happy with plastic pitches.