Stamford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford Updates

Post by Poll » 15 Jan 2022, 21:58

First live game for me since away at Khalsa, so getting a bit bored of going 3-0 up and then hanging on to win 3-2. ;D

Some tremendous finishing in the first half, and agree with Hawker being MOTM, he really bossed the midfield.

Too many aimless long balls particularly in the 2nd half, because as soon as we got it down and ran at them we looked far more dangerous. Still, an important 3 points today and that’s all that matters.

Hope to see many of you again at Ilkeston in a couple of weeks.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 15 Jan 2022, 23:52

lutleyyeltz wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 21:03
No disrespect to Jack, but I feel the physicality of today's game would not have suited him.
Again no disrespect. Very good player BUT holds on to the ball to long with his trickery IMHO and sometimes misses runs. Hawks was superb. Also thought new lad up front had a couple of nice touches and nice to see someone knocking the ball on.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Jan 2022, 14:41

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:51
Not impressed with the GK. Is he any better than Whitehouse, whose confidence must've taken a knock today?
The gaffer has answered that question in the match review and Id kinda come to the conclusion beforehand. That was a BIG match yesterday and it calls for experienced heads.
I actually thought the new keeper looked competent tbh.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 16 Jan 2022, 16:33

A great first half yesterday which I really enjoyed. I felt Stamford were absolutely shell-shocked by the rapid start from Halesowen and if I'm honest should have scored more in the first half such was the dominance.
However............second half a complete contrast. You always felt that Stamford were not going to come out, the second half, and play as bad as the first half and so it proved.
I think someone hit the snooze button in the Halesowen team and let Stamford back into the game and made it a more uncomfortable finish than it should have been. I know your not going to get a comfortable and "gimme' game every week but it does people's health no good at all to watch a finsh like that!
I think yesterday's man of the match could've gone to one of a few but for me I'd have given it to Josh Hawker.
A great game of football with squeaky bum moments thrown in, roll on Yaxley next Saturday.
Did anyone else see Rob Evans Bobby Moore style tackle on the edge of the area early in the first half ?That could have been a game changer at that point.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2022, 17:05

drummyb wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 14:41
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:51
Not impressed with the GK. Is he any better than Whitehouse, whose confidence must've taken a knock today?
The gaffer has answered that question in the match review and Id kinda come to the conclusion beforehand. That was a BIG match yesterday and it calls for experienced heads.
I actually thought the new keeper looked competent tbh.
100% agree with the principle behind the decision. He commanded his area well, so it was probably the correct call. I've watched the goals back again, and feel he could've done more with both, especially the second.

My fear was that the decision could have impacted Dan's confidence, but having spoken to a few folks after the match, it's clear this isn't an issue. He has apparently taken it well, and been very professional with it. Great to hear.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2022, 17:11

Agree with those saying Hawker was man of the march. He was immense all afternoon, and set the tone for our performance. First half, especially, we simply wanted the win more than Stamford.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Jan 2022, 18:29

The other thing Ive just picked up on but I thought at the time could be important and with purpose. First half. We CHOSE to attack the Shed. I think we were pumped up and sent out to attack, attack, attack and it paid off. I think that mentality is hard to keep for 90 minutes, but even so we had chances second half. Ive been critical when we've been poor a few games back but I think this was a very professional performance.
I think we may have found the best team and we look better than we did say 10 games ago. There will be plenty of twists to come but Im excited again.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Jan 2022, 19:16

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 17:05

I've watched the goals back again, and feel he could've done more with both, especially the second.

Where are the highlights Josh?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 16 Jan 2022, 19:36

The highlights are on a YouTuber's channel who came to the Grove yesterday. Type in Will Burford into YouTube and hopefully it'll lead you to the game. Sorry I'm not that technical 😬

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 16 Jan 2022, 19:39

Yeah having watched the second goal, going to have to rescind my position on Nat Kelly for MOTM. He definitely should have done better there. General point stands though!

https://t.co/DPtzVlfpqk

Very enthusiastic young chap. Looks like his bowling action needs work though.