Sporting Khalsa Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Khalsa Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Jan 2022, 10:46

That was certainly more like it. The first half was a little flat, from both sides, that being said, we should have headed into the break with a lead, after missing a number of good chances.

The second half was as good a performance as I've seen from us. Dominant, clinical, and confident. It was a joy to watch. When we play like that there's not one team in this league that can live with us. It's only a matter of time until someone cops a 6 or 7-0 drubbing from us, isn't it?

I understand that this league is tougher than the league we were in the previous two seasons, but I'd still expect to see more of yesterday's performances than we've actually delivered so far.

I hope we can consistently get the same group of players on the pitch, and we consistently perform like we did yesterday. If we do, then there's only one team winning the league. We're certainly in a strong position to really push on, and get a good run of results together. It's going to be an exciting climax to the season, with 7 sides fighting for the league. I wish I was a neutral, and not a fan!

Hawker was correctly given man of the match. Superb performance. Shout out to Finn and Lait, who were back to their best, too.

The back four was solid throughout, I can't recall them creating a clear chance, other than the attempt that hit the post, in the second half. Kelly has come in, and given us a nice balance. You always know Evans and McCone are going to give you at least a 7/10 performance every week. It's no coincidence that the recent positive results have coincided with us finding a settled and balanced back line.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 02 Jan 2022, 13:31

An excellent performance and full credit to the lads for producing it.
The big difference though I thought was Khalsa didn't come to bully us or try to totally frustrate us from the off. It was like a game from a couple of seasons ago when the opposition came to play and like yesterday we were miles better.
Cant see many teams trying to play us this way for the rest of the season.
Hawker was immense and was everywhere on the pitch. Back four composed and solid.
Still not sure we have found best way to get Gregory involved but he showed with his finish he knows where the net is.

Well done lads and this hopefully sets us up for some important games in the next few weeks

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 02 Jan 2022, 15:00

Nothing to add about the game. I agree, with the previous poster, in regards playing other teams that want to "play football" against us.
I would like to mention the fantastic job the coaches are doing in regards to the under 21's and the academy absolutely brilliant πŸ‘. The two substitutes that came on, yesterday, for Halesowen being testament to the coaching and the academy. Both substitutes were round pegs in round holes as regards the positions they both took up.
More of the same please.................🀞🏻

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Jan 2022, 15:30

410viawednesbury wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2022, 15:00
Nothing to add about the game. I agree, with the previous poster, in regards playing other teams that want to "play football" against us.
I would like to mention the fantastic job the coaches are doing in regards to the under 21's and the academy absolutely brilliant πŸ‘. The two substitutes that came on, yesterday, for Halesowen being testament to the coaching and the academy. Both substitutes were round pegs in round holes as regards the positions they both took up.
More of the same please.................🀞🏻
For those on Twatter, there's a Spaces (kind of like a group conference call, for you old guys), and Scott (Under 21's gaffa) often comes on and speaks about how the team are getting on. It's an interesting listen, and Scott is superb. He comes across so well.

Would highly recommend trying to catch it. It's usually 19:00 every Monday. Hosted by Unreliable Yeltz History and You Yeltz Twatter pages.

They've had a number of players and staff come on for a chat, all have come across excellently.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Jan 2022, 21:03

AwayDayYeltz wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2022, 15:30

For those on Twatter, there's a Spaces (kind of like a group conference call, for you old guys), and Scott (Under 21's gaffa) often comes on and speaks about how the team are getting on. It's an interesting listen, and Scott is superb. He comes across so well.

Would highly recommend trying to catch it. It's usually 19:00 every Monday. Hosted by Unreliable Yeltz History and You Yeltz Twatter pages.
WTF?
Can't you write in hieroglyphics?
Left facing bird, two reeds, snake......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 03 Jan 2022, 11:08

And who are these 'old guys' of which you speak in such irreverant manner? I sincerely hope you're not including Brother Avery and myself in that category? ;)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jan 2022, 13:56

One of 'em's got his bus pass today, I hear.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Jan 2022, 14:42

Westyeltz wrote: ↑
03 Jan 2022, 11:08

And who are these 'old guys' of which you speak in such irreverant manner? I sincerely hope you're not including Brother Avery and myself in that category? ;)
I said old, not ancient! :-*