Cambridge Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Cambridge Updates

Post by andy » 18 Dec 2021, 17:59

Last 2 comments sum it up perfectly. First half we appeared to be playing a 4-5-1 formation with any of the midfielders joining Gregory in attack when we got the ball. It really seemed to work and Cambridge could not get a foothold in the game. Once we were 2-0 up it was game over and it got a little scrappy but the job was already done. It has to be said that Cambridge were very poor defensively though and a lot of our finishing was still poor. Definitely a move in the right direction though and a pleasing result. Have to say Kelly was very impressive on his debut and McCone looked all the happier for it. And Evo, well he was just Evo, magnificent.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 18 Dec 2021, 18:09

Rob Evans, today, for me was the Man of the match. He constantly tried to get us on the front foot and his passing was, at times, sublime. There is tho' something still missing and I can't put my finger on it. Please feel free tell me it's me but...........🤔

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 18 Dec 2021, 18:32

Better performance but should of been more comfortable
Some of our players seem to hold on to the ball to long before releasing a pass-shot off, finn made quite a few runs in behind but never received the pass. Would love to see Billy Shaw I rate him highly be interesting to see what happens when his loan ends at worcester on the 1st Jan.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 18 Dec 2021, 18:33

DJ's match report:
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/f ... ---report/

Tulleys Print HTFC man of the match, selected by Karen Brookes: Brad Birch

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 18 Dec 2021, 19:10

Kyle Finn MoM for me, great awareness in the box to set up the second goal, a sublime instant second half turn & pass which I hope Yeltz TV caught, and constant running into space demanding the ball.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Dec 2021, 20:16

Thought new guy at Centre Back looked very solid and we looked much stronger today. They didn't really threaten us at all.

MOM for me was young Toby Scott. Broke up a lot of play and provided a good link to get us attacking.
Still feel we don't look as though we got it right up front yet but the 3 points was the most important thing.

Well done lads

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Dec 2021, 11:44

I can only echo what has already been discussed – Saturday was a much needed improvement on our recent performances. We looked more like the team I expect us to be. We were in full control of the match, and never let Cambridge into the game. A very good all round performance.

The new bloke slotted in nicely. Brad Birch was correctly named man of the match. How important is Birch to this team, already? I know he’s only played 3 games, but he offers a skill set that no other midfielder offers us.

Shout out to Toby Scott, who was excellent. I’d like to see him get more opportunities, which he may do, now Goddard has moved on.

Evans was again superb, some of his passing is unreal, and a joy to watch. If the season ended now (more likely than ever*) he’d get my player of the season vote.

*to that point, the win coupled with some of our competitors dropping points, means we now have the second best PPG in the league. Which could be massive, if we’ve played our last game of the season. It certainly makes Sutton a much bigger game than previously expected, especially as I, and many others, have a ‘here we go again’ feeling with the new Omnicrom variant. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but if it does, winning Saturday, and on the 27th, should we get that far, is of the upmost importance.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz