Shepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shepshed Updates

Post by drummyb » 11 Dec 2021, 17:43

Wholeheartedly agree. We all want Paul to do well, and no-one wants the bloke sacked. No-one. But as he was judged on results and performances when we were doing well, likewise now.

As I said. I think that something is very wrong at the moment. Only the inner circle will truly know, but enoughs enough. Something has to be turned round and fast. The team simply isnt good enough, and hasnt been for a few games now.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Dec 2021, 18:03

Without bringing up 'yesterday's news', it seems too coincidental that our form has dropped so much also. It's only because this league is so poor that we have remained in the current contenders. Whatever needs to be 'sorted' needs doing now. It's plainly obvious all isn't right and this could easily end up another wasted season.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Dec 2021, 18:15

I agree. Ive only found out what was said, and if you take, the personal element out, clearly its something they will all be aware of or suspect I dont know if other players defended the gaffer or called Molly out, but if not, it suggests there may be divisions.

It may all be nonsense of course, but it does point to unhappiness. There doesnt seem any togetherness in this team. As I said before, huge under achievement if we dont get promoted, and if some of the players who left got regular games, we would be much stronger.
Last edited by drummyb on 11 Dec 2021, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 Dec 2021, 18:18

As I said, I try to be optimistic, buuuuut:

Where are the goals coming from?
Why do we keep playing the same shape when it demonstrably isn’t working?
How many of the players actually give a shit, and how many are quite happy claiming their relatively fat wage?
Why aren’t we making changes to the squad?

We can all pretend the Molyneux stuff didn’t happen, but it did, and something has been horrible ever since.

It’s been the same the past few weeks as watching us under Rob and Larry. I’m fed up with making excuses for it and I’m bloody angry, an hour and a half later.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Dec 2021, 18:36

fairweatherfan wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:18

We can all pretend the Molyneux stuff didn’t happen, but it did, and something has been horrible ever since.
Unfortunately, on the pitch, for a while before. It feels so crap having to pick over the bones of what we were, but that's the way it feels at the moment.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 Dec 2021, 18:38

andy wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:36
fairweatherfan wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:18

Unfortunately, on the pitch, for a while before. It feels so crap having to pick over the bones of what we were, but that's the way it feels at the moment.
Yes absolutely. What was our last good performance? Shepshed at home maybe. If you want to be hyper critical, we’ve been poor since the Concord game.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 11 Dec 2021, 19:41

Yet another, yes I said another, totally unacceptable performance. I agree, the home Shepshed game has been the only decent game that I have seen this season and most of the other performances have been awful. This player rotation and playing of players out of position, just to fit them in, has been disasterous and is folly, and there are too many players in the squad who are so lightweight that they are just not good enough. Other teams have done their homework and know that if they get stuck into us in the middle of the park and stop us playing, then we are easily beatable. A OVERHAUL IS URGENTLY REQUIRED.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Dec 2021, 11:37

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Dec 2021, 12:33

What has happened to Yeltz tv?? Is it no more?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 12 Dec 2021, 16:27

Think he’s just been busy. Paul Smith’s interview from yesterday is up… saying all the right things, but proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Fair to say we need a performance on Saturday I think.

https://t.co/U48VsHSvqS