Daventry

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Daventry

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2021, 17:51

Have to agree with everything that has been said. We should have been miles out of sight. In the end I don't agree they could have nicked a point, they could have nicked ALL THREE! As it stands we will not go up, too inconsistent. Play as we can and have played in the not too distant past and we would breeze the league. Admittedly with players missing today through knocks, illness and other commitments left us short, but performances like that are becoming the norm. I guess the positive is that we are still in a good position and if we can improve to what we were then the league is still there for the taking. IF.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2021, 17:52

By the way, how much have we got to thank Platty for that save at five to five!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 04 Dec 2021, 18:04

andy wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 17:51
Have to agree with everything that has been said. We should have been miles out of sight. In the end I don't agree they could have nicked a point, they could have nicked ALL THREE! As it stands we will not go up, too inconsistent. Play as we can and have played in the not too distant past and we would breeze the league. Admittedly with players missing today through knocks, illness and other commitments left us short, but performances like that are becoming the norm. I guess the positive is that we are still in a good position and if we can improve to what we were then the league is still there for the taking. IF.
You do sometimes lose games when you’re not ruthless, but they didn’t create enough to win or even draw the game 45 times out of 50. You might say it’s lucky, but not sure I agree beyond the context we should have been out of sight.

I *do* agree that those performances have become the norm, however. On the plus side, Dan Brooks looks very capable of playing as part of a three man centre back grouping. Very much trying to stay positive!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Dec 2021, 18:08

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 16:43
Evo has been outstanding, again. Running away with player of the season.
He has been outstanding but don't think Manning is too far behind.
Had another solid game today

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Dec 2021, 18:40

We nearly rued the missed chances when they came to life briefly at the end, but I guess at least it was a win and a deserved one. However, it is still a concern given that the opponents are one of the stragglers and strugglers in the division. I expected us to be far more cohesive and dominant today.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2021, 18:42

fairweatherfan wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:04
andy wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 17:51
You do sometimes lose games when you’re not ruthless, but they didn’t create enough to win or even draw the game 45 times out of 50. You might say it’s lucky, but not sure I agree beyond the context we should have been out of sight.

I *do* agree that those performances have become the norm, however. On the plus side, Dan Brooks looks very capable of playing as part of a three man centre back grouping. Very much trying to stay positive!
I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination they 'should or deserved' to win or draw the game, but in those last five minutes of the endless added time they could, and should, have scored twice! All because we never killed the game.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 04 Dec 2021, 20:21

Can anyone please tell me why Wright was booked today?
Happened directly in front of me but I have no idea at all.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2021, 20:36

Seamus wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:21
Can anyone please tell me why Wright was booked today?
Happened directly in front of me but I have no idea at all.
Possibly timewasting? It was all we could come up with.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Dec 2021, 21:12

andy wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 16:29
Making hard work of this. On top and may yet need another. Hawker lucky to only see yellow after rash challenge
This is interesting. I was in the Shed End, and both went in quite nasty. Their player went in with both feet (or looked like it to me). I definitely thought he could've seen red himself.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 04 Dec 2021, 21:24

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 21:12
andy wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 16:29
Making hard work of this. On top and may yet need another. Hawker lucky to only see yellow after rash challenge
This is interesting. I was in the Shed End, and both went in quite nasty. Their player went in with both feet (or looked like it to me). I definitely thought he could've seen red himself.
Pleased to see somebody else who saw it the way I did … went in with both feet on Hawker .. should only have been one outcome..red