Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 21:49

Are there only certain things you can 'view' on Twitter if you have not got an account, as I can't find any of this.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 21:55

The tweet from the club account has been deleted. Can see the others if you can be arsed to search their players- I’d save yourself the hassle. Mostly just crowing/ making reference to Paul Smith’s chin, because obviously that’s as hilarious for grown men as it is for 12 year olds.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 22:10

Hmm. Not really interested in childish player responses, but interesting the club have seen fit to delete theirs.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 22:16

The club admin must be 12 pints down- going at all and sundry now (slight exaggeration). It’s, well, bizarre.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Nov 2021, 09:08

The Coleshill Twatter page is a disgrace. I'd be embarrassed if sausage fingers Soggy Tweeted what their admin Tweeted last night, and I'd expect him to stand down as a result of it.

Thankfully he's only guilty of typos. But in seriousness, Coleshill need to punish the behaviour of their Twatter admin.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 14 Nov 2021, 09:10

Will the cup game against Burton on Tuesday count as one of Jack Holmes' suspended games??

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 14 Nov 2021, 09:26

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 09:08
The Coleshill Twatter page is a disgrace. I'd be embarrassed if sausage fingers Soggy Tweeted what their admin Tweeted last night, and I'd expect him to stand down as a result of it.

Thankfully he's only guilty of typos. But in seriousness, Coleshill need to punish the behaviour of their Twatter admin.
Reading between the lines, I think a few people have access, including some of the players.

Also suspensions don’t kick in for seven days, so Jack will miss Histon, Soham, and Daventry.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 14 Nov 2021, 09:45

piearce9 wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 20:24

The ref has had a nightmare
Started by getting minutes silence wrong.
Should have started after last post for a minute then he blows whistle but he blew immediately after bugle had finished :-\ :'( >:(

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Nov 2021, 09:51

It's becoming apparent that teams enjoy playing against us, as we're far too soft. We are so easy to defend against. Opponents just set up two solid banks of four, that's well organised, and we look clueless how to break teams down.

For all the attacking talent we have, we aren't as good as we should be. Is that down to the players, or Paul Smith? If it's the fomer then why aren't they playing to their full potential? If it's the latter, then some uncomfortable questions have to be asked.

Paul has a lot of thinking to do, and the squad needs tweaking. There's a number of players, that are on (I'm assuming) big money, that aren't cutting it. It's time to move them on, and bring in players who will offer something.

As it stands, with the current squad, and with how we're playing, we aren't getting promoted. With how tight the top 5 is, there's a real danger of not even making the play offs. I know that may sound negative, but it's a real possibility if performances don't improve.

The real worry is that yesterday wasn't a one off, was it? We've been well below par in the majority of games this season. And worryingly we've been poor against teams around us (Carlton and Ilkeston at home). Thinking back to last season, if the season had been allowed to finish, would we have been promoted? I doubt we would have. So it's clear that there is a long term issue here that has been bubbling under the surface for a good while now.

I think Paul Smith is facing a tough job here, and is facing some tough questions off fans. The budget is clearly there, but results and performances aren't.

I'm a big fan of Paul, we've a lot to thank him for, for how he has turned the club around, and the many memories he has given us fans, and this is in no way a 'he's gorra gu, Franksy' post. That would be ridiculous. But there's a lot to be concerned about.

Maybe I'm just being a miserable, negative Nelly, but that's how I'm feeling right now.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 14 Nov 2021, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 14 Nov 2021, 09:58

Were Lait and Gregory injured yesterday.
Saw Lait on the pitch before kick off.
I think Lewis Wright brings a lot to the an as Bowen/Ashmore used to. Good to see him back in the matchday squad