Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by Scribbler » 14 Nov 2021, 11:52

Disgraceful theatrics from Coleshill today .....and I'm afraid its ruining the game at all levels.... it needs to be stopped as if it carries on tackling will be a thing of the past and the game as we know it will be no more. Just grow up, man up and get on with playing football.....
They were well organised and determined.... but we played into their hands by continually pumping up high balls all game, I can only remember winning one all game....it's been the same for the past few games now... we don't have the players for that game and it doesn't work.... get back to playing on the deck.... never looked like scoring and gifted them two goals... recipe for disaster.... they won every loose ball and seemed to be up for it more than us.... as showed in their celebrations..... things need to change and fast as this has been coming for a few weeks now..... desperately need one or two new strikers, to have any chance of promotion ...... keep the faith 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 14 Nov 2021, 12:36

In Paul's program notes it said Gregory had tweaked his hamstring and Lait was supposed to be having a fitness test as he had a sore back

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Nov 2021, 13:11

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 09:08
The Coleshill Twatter page is a disgrace. I'd be embarrassed if sausage fingers Soggy Tweeted what their admin Tweeted last night, and I'd expect him to stand down as a result of it.

Thankfully he's only guilty of typos. But in seriousness, Coleshill need to punish the behaviour of their Twatter admin.
They have the mentality of a Sunday league side. Fortunately the people in a position of influence at our club, and at almost every other club at our level, have dignity

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 14 Nov 2021, 13:29

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 13th November 2021

Halesowen Town 0 Coleshill Town 2

Coleshill’s Sam Moore fired a first-half brace as long-time league leaders Halesowen were reduced to ten men and slipped off the top of the table in front of a bumper crowd of 1,255 fans, writes DJ.

Fourth-placed Coleshill started brightly and George Washbourne cut in from the left to cross along goal in the 4th minute with Liam Molesworth’s following shot cleared off the line. Simeon Cobourne then earned the Yeltz a 5th minute corner and Jack Holmes hit a 20 yard shot at visiting goalkeeper Paul Hathaway.

But the game changed dramatically in the 19th minute when Jack Holmes was shown a harsh, straight red card for his challenge on Josh Mansell.

The Colemen went on to take a 27th minute lead after Rob Evans lost the ball allowing MOORE to advance and take advantage to beat goalkeeper Dan Platt.

As Halesowen tried to recover, Hathaway gathered at the feet of Harry White in the 28th minute. The Yeltz then missed a golden chance to level from a 29th minute penalty when Shay Palmer brought down Cobourne, but Hathaway dived to his right to save Harry White’s low penalty spot-kick.

Coleshill doubled their lead two minutes into first-half injury time with another soft goal when a free-kick was turned back in and MOORE was left to touch home his second goal from close range.

Halesowen made a much better, high-energy start to the second period and McKauley Manning shot at Hathaway in the 55th minute. But Coleshill were more than happy to protect their lead as the Yeltz came up against an impressive, solid red wall of defence and failed to find a way through.

A 72nd minute shot from substitute Alex Tomkinson was tipped over the bar by home goalkeeper Platt and Giovanni Dainty headed the resulting corner onto the post. Late on, Hathaway gathered a 77th minute deep free-kick away from home substitute Jordan Goddard in front of goal. Coleshill substitute Kai Tonge’s 81st minute shot from a wide angle earned a corner and at the other end an 84th minute corner from Robbie Bunn was cleared away near the goal-line.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Rob Evans, McKauley Manning, Josh Hawker (Jordan Goddard 71), Paul McCone (c), Ahmed Ali, Jack Holmes, Robbie Bunn, Simeon Cobourne, Harry White, Kyle Finn (Joe Palmer 71). Subs Not Used: Calum Flanagan, Brett Lloyd, Lewis Wright.

Coleshill Town: Paul Hathaway; Josh Mansell, Taylor Carter-Byrne (c), Niall Rowe, Shay Palmer, Frazer Doyle, Liam Molesworth (Josh Willis 83), Giovanni Dainty, Sam Moore (Alex Tomkinson 57), George Washbourne (Kai Tonge 71), Amarvir Sandu. Subs Not Used: Kiernan Donnelly, Joe Phillips.

Referee: Richard Eley Attendance: 1,255
Booked: Doyle (40), Mansell (53), Molesworth (72), Tonge (85)
Sent Off: Holmes (19)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Olivia Hipkiss: McKauley Manning

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Nov 2021, 15:21

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 09:51
It's becoming apparent that teams enjoy playing against us, as we're far too soft. We are so easy to defend against. Opponents just set up two solid banks of four, that's well organised, and we look clueless how to break teams down.

For all the attacking talent we have, we aren't as good as we should be. Is that down to the players, or Paul Smith? If it's the fomer then why aren't they playing to their full potential? If it's the latter, then some uncomfortable questions have to be asked.

Paul has a lot of thinking to do, and the squad needs tweaking. There's a number of players, that are on (I'm assuming) big money, that aren't cutting it. It's time to move them on, and bring in players who will offer something.

As it stands, with the current squad, and with how we're playing, we aren't getting promoted. With how tight the top 5 is, there's a real danger of not even making the play offs. I know that may sound negative, but it's a real possibility if performances don't improve.

The real worry is that yesterday wasn't a one off, was it? We've been well below par in the majority of games this season. And worryingly we've been poor against teams around us (Carlton and Ilkeston at home). Thinking back to last season, if the season had been allowed to finish, would we have been promoted? I doubt we would have. So it's clear that there is a long term issue here that has been bubbling under the surface for a good while now.

I think Paul Smith is facing a tough job here, and is facing some tough questions off fans. The budget is clearly there, but results and performances aren't.

I'm a big fan of Paul, we've a lot to thank him for, for how he has turned the club around, and the many memories he has given us fans, and this is in no way a 'he's gorra gu, Franksy' post. That would be ridiculous. But there's a lot to be concerned about.

Maybe I'm just being a miserable, negative Nelly, but that's how I'm feeling right now.
No I think thats a fair post Josh. Nothing unfairly critical. And Id agree we have a few that dont cut it. But I look at the team sheet yesterday and they should have beaten Coleshill. Maybe with 11 on the pitch they would have.

My personal opinion is that we need to find our best front pair and stick with it. Keep swapping it around doesnt help players gel. Back 4. Ive said before I wasnt sold on Ali, but him and Macca last week looked good...I think thats the way forward

Manning got MOTM yesterday I think, and yet he got ripped apart at Loughborough.
Midfield. All are very capable cant see huge changes needed.
I dont have the answers to this. Im as bewildered as anyone, but something has to change

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 14 Nov 2021, 16:39

For the little it’s worth, think we suffer from not having the ability to go to a three at the back (as we did when we had Evans, Parsons, Piggott, and McCone two seasons ago). With only one decent centre half (and the other one stuck at right back) it means the forward players themselves have to provide the width that used to come from Ashmore and Bowen (whose shithousery we massively miss) and we’re also vulnerable at centre half anyway.

It’s been notable that Bunn has been playing in the deep lying position that Sammons/ Ali used to occupy which is an utter waste, and I don’t think this much suits him or the team more generally. Get him in positions to shoot for crying out loud- his right foot is an absolutely wand!

Ultimately, for me it’s mostly a system issue (albeit the personnel are in some ways an issue as well). Can still see us taking 12 points from the next 12, but when you consider Corby (x2), Berkhamsted, Chasetown (FA Trophy), Carlton, and Ilkeston all failed to produce wins, I will accept it’s a worrying trend.
Last edited by fairweatherfan on 14 Nov 2021, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Nov 2021, 17:24

Ashmore and Bowen would walk into the team now (assuming we move Evans to centre half).

I'm aware they've moved on for a reason, and if they affect the dressing room, it's right they leave, but we have not replaced their quality. And it shows.

Dare I say we've not replaced Parso, either? Flanagan and Ali aren't as good, and Carter was abysmal, last season.

Spot on about going three at the back, by the way.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Nov 2021, 19:06

Bang on the money, these comments.

I think this squad are more than capable. I’m not convinced we need any more additions with personnel, like some people have suggested.

With a game a week, we now just need to nail down our strongest 11 and stick with it. For me, as a priority, this means getting Evans back at CB.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 14 Nov 2021, 19:14

Just to say, yesterday we all saw why Paul McCone is captain. Even at two down he showed that "never give up" spirit.
One word.......immense.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Nov 2021, 20:13

piearce9 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 19:06
Bang on the money, these comments.

I think this squad are more than capable. I’m not convinced we need any more additions with personnel, like some people have suggested.

With a game a week, we now just need to nail down our strongest 11 and stick with it. For me, as a priority, this means getting Evans back at CB.
Id agree with that two but he's also been immense at Full back,