Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Nov 2021, 16:27

Sub: Godard and Palmer on.

Hawker and Finn off

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 16:29

We're having a go but still not really creating chances. Need a goal soon.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 16:40

They've scrambled one off the line. It's just not happening today.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 16:57

*sigh*

Hard to read too much into that given the context. If we don’t take 9 points from the next 9, I’ll start to panic.

All that said, I’d be much happier if we signed a half decent centre half.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 13 Nov 2021, 17:26

2 home defeats in a row without a goal, and to be honest not particularly looked like scoring. Yes it might have been different with 11 players, but we played against 10 against Ilkeston for a long time and didn't threaten

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 17:56

Not great. We huffed and puffed but never came close to troubling them. Can't question the commitment but once again we come up short against one of our direct rivals. Admittedly the sending off probably changed the game in their favour but they still didn't have to do an awful lot, aside from defend well, to beat us. Manning rightly took man of the match, though Macca pushed him for that, the rest tried hard but it wasn't enough. Magnificent attendance though (including a few brain deads) of over 1250. :o

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Nov 2021, 18:35

andy wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 17:56
Not great. We huffed and puffed but never came close to troubling them. Can't question the commitment but once again we come up short against one of our direct rivals. Admittedly the sending off probably changed the game in their favour but they still didn't have to do an awful lot, aside from defend well, to beat us. Manning rightly took man of the match, though Macca pushed him for that, the rest tried hard but it wasn't enough. Magnificent attendance though (including a few brain deads) of over 1250. :o
Yes we didn't look like hauling it back in the second half, but on that showing I will be surprised if Coleshill keep it going. They were pretty toothless for most of the game (the first was a defensive error) and you wouldn't have known they were playing with an extra man for over 80 minutes.

I also agree about some of the support today...the chants were not great and the irony of some of their chanting about the keeper was definitely lost on a few.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 18:44

juanillo wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 18:35

I also agree about some of the support today...the chants were not great and the irony of some of their chanting about the keeper was definitely lost on a few.
That's the price you have to pay for more money in the coffers unfortunately.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Nov 2021, 18:54

Youre never really gonna haul it back with 10 men tbh. All the other team has to do is hold its back line which is easier with an advantage.
I know Paul has always preached one game at a time, and we wont win every game but the performances are concerning in some games. I wasnt there so Ill take your words for it.
I still dont think we're as good as two years ago, but then we have lost a lot of quality. Ali and McCone looked good last week, so Im a bit concerned by yet anothet defensive mix up. Im also concerned that we havent chosen our best front pairing.

If we dont go up this year, there is going to be a huge anti climax.

tomc180
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by tomc180 » 13 Nov 2021, 19:36

Not the best of performances today… never really looked like scoring all game. If we score that penalty the game changes but unfortunately that’s football. Didn’t really get why we played long balls when we all know Sim and wins barely any headers. Hopefully we put a good shift in against Burton and then bounce back at Histon next week :) :)
Tom - The young Yeltzman