Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by Rich » 13 Nov 2021, 20:03

I thought the lads gave everything today.
Sadly the totally woeful performance of the referee was the deciding factor. The way the number 2 got up laughing after conning the sending off said it all.
Missing the penalty (which I didnt feel was one, but made up for what I thought was one earlier when Holmes was tripped) made a big difference. Had we have gone in just one down I still thought we had a chance but the poor second goal as last kick of the first half was a killer and second half they had no intention of coming at us.
Manning I thought was immense after we went down to 10 men and Hawker and Bunn also gave it a go.
A few crucial games coming up which if we win will get us over this last few results

Just wondering if we have video of the sending off and shows it was wrong can we use it in an appeal??

tomc180
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by tomc180 » 13 Nov 2021, 20:05

Rich wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 20:03
I thought the lads gave everything today.
Sadly the totally woeful performance of the referee was the deciding factor. The way the number 2 got up laughing after conning the sending off said it all.
Missing the penalty (which I didnt feel was one, but made up for what I thought was one earlier when Holmes was tripped) made a big difference. Had we have gone in just one down I still thought we had a chance but the poor second goal as last kick of the first half was a killer and second half they had no intention of coming at us.
Manning I thought was immense after we went down to 10 men and Hawker and Bunn also gave it a go.
A few crucial games coming up which if we win will get us over this last few results

Just wondering if we have video of the sending off and shows it was wrong can we use it in an appeal??
I presume Yeltz TV will have the sending off on video
Tom - The young Yeltzman

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2021, 20:13

Re the sending off. I was right in front of it and it WAS slightly reckless. But. The video may prove me wrong, but I think he got the ball and the Coleshill player kicked his boot. The immediate reaction of their players and the rolling around of their player I believe got him sent off.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 20:24

Rich wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 20:03

Believe Ilson successfully appealed one a couple of weeks ago, but from where I was he was struggling to complain (though must admit it wasn’t a great view). Gutting bit is that it almost certainly cost us the game.

If I had to pick a run of three games for Jack to miss, these would probably be them, but disappointing nonetheless.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Nov 2021, 20:24

Argh. That wasn’t good for my blood pressure.

The ref has had a nightmare with the red card decision - totally influenced by the reaction of the Coleshill players who were around him in seconds.

We weren’t at our best today however I did think we were the better side second half - the ten players all put a shift in.

It’s taken the wind out our sails a bit. I really fancied us to go on a bit of a run towards Xmas but this has set us back and knocked us off top. Absolutely agree that we HAVE to get promoted but I would say it’s evens now to whether we do it. We can drop to fourth with games in hand and I’ve been impressed with some of the others, predominantly Chasetown and Ilkeston.

Off for a lie down.

tomc180
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by tomc180 » 13 Nov 2021, 20:41

Think this Twitter reply says all we need to know about Coleshill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom - The young Yeltzman

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 21:02

Someone has just cut up rough about their club being described as a disgrace. It’s a fairly natural emotional reaction I’d say, however unimpressive it looks, but then I guess I’m strange as I’ve never understood abusing the shit out of someone for 90 minutes and referring to it as ‘great banter’.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 21:08

Although the way some of their players are conducting themselves on Twitter… not a great reflection on them as blokes.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Nov 2021, 21:19

fairweatherfan wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 21:02
Someone has just cut up rough about their club being described as a disgrace. It’s a fairly natural emotional reaction I’d say, however unimpressive it looks, but then I guess I’m strange as I’ve never understood abusing the shit out of someone for 90 minutes and referring to it as ‘great banter’.
but this is the OFFICIAL Coleshill Twitter account😳

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2021, 21:22

old git wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 21:19
fairweatherfan wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 21:02
but this is the OFFICIAL Coleshill Twitter account😳
Yeah and as I say, it looks decidedly unimpressive on that basis, but just making the point that many people react badly when they perceive something they care about has been attacked. Having seen the litany of players being highly disrespectful, however, my position is now that they can all get in the bin!