Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 14 Nov 2021, 20:16

Love Evo, but the first goal yesterday was his mistake. Big issue is who plays at centre half if he doesn’t though.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Nov 2021, 20:45

It’s probably a bit harsh on Flanaghan, who hasn’t done much wrong but Evo is a cut above - one of my favourite ever players. He’s superb at full back but he’s at home (and more effective) at centre back. (Maybe that explains the mistake yesterday! ::) )

Ali I prefer in midfield. He always seems a bit languid and that doesn’t fill me with confidence at centre back. He is good in the air though and I suspect he’s a good match up for a target man type of striker.

McCone is just bloody amazing, can’t praise the guy enough. Did not deserve to be on the losing side yesterday.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Nov 2021, 22:07

Ditto all the McCone/Evans comments. The quandary for me though is where IS it going wrong? We seem full of praise for virtually every player, in every position, and wouldn't necessarily add to the squad, so why are we not what we were? For me, I have to agree with others in respect that we have to get a settled 11, but then I guess we lose players who don't play. Maybe in having such a strong squad, later in the season we may benefit when others with strong first 11's but little back up are suffering injuries, suspensions, fatigue etc. That said, if we keep losing to our rivals we may not be within catching distance of them anyway. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 15 Nov 2021, 10:51

I honestly think we started the season with too large a squad. It was a bit of a luxury at the time to give us a good chance of competing in league and cups through the first few months - and after we won all our opening fixtures you wouldn't have thought there was anything to worry about.

However the challenge was keeping everyone happy. It happened in previous seasons - players (rightly or wrongly) don't want to be sat on the bench or played out of their favoured positions and so frustrations inevitably start to build.

With one game a week now (roughly speaking), we don't need to rotate any more- it's a case of finding the best eleven, and a system that we're comfortable with. I'd also argue that we need the right characters to represent the club - players that really have the fight and desire to get results - although in fairness I'd say this is the case with most of the current group.

The other thing I'd add is that the U21s who are coming through seem very capable and we have plenty of good young prospects. So I'd reduce the squad to a hardcore of 16 players and then introduce the youth teamers as required through injuries and suspensions. I'm really quite opposed to bringing in new faces right now.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Nov 2021, 18:33

Just watched the highlights. Cant fault the sending off tbh.
Reminded me of the game against Welwyn a couple of years ago. Set up in the pantomime villain mode.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Nov 2021, 19:19

I've just watched it back now. I was wrong, he never got the ball at all, it probably was a sending off. Apologies to the ref on that one but not virtually every other decision he made. ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 17 Nov 2021, 20:41

andy wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 19:19
I've just watched it back now. I was wrong, he never got the ball at all, it probably was a sending off. Apologies to the ref on that one but not virtually every other decision he made. ;D
Ha was the other way; thought it was a sending off seeing it live and watching it back now think it was only a booking. Man totally made the most of it: that the skipper and the man fouled celebrated tells you all you really need to know. Sunday morning gobshites.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 17 Nov 2021, 20:44

In fact, as soon as the red is given he gets up. Great bloke.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Nov 2021, 21:02

Course they milked it. But....the tackle was reckless. Hey ho. Tis done now.