Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by drummyb » 23 Oct 2021, 16:57

I think so personally. The back line hasnt looked right all season and keep changing the front line doesnt set for a balanced side. We have so much talent but it isnt clicking as a whole against the better sides. Paul really needs to find his best line up and stick with it. Bitterly disappointing. Anyone team with a modicum of talent and we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 23 Oct 2021, 16:57

Well they were just better than us. No arguments.

Curious celebrations though.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 23 Oct 2021, 17:34

Well we had loads of the ball after they went down to 10 and lots of crosses, but their sub keeper had hardly a save to make.

I thought Ilkeston merited the win but they weren't amazing either.

We definitely need a bit more pace in both attack and defence.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 23 Oct 2021, 17:43

Think part of the issue is that the ball comes out of midfield so slowly. Not going to point fingers, but would like to see things happening more quickly.

Still plenty of quality in the squad, but definite areas of weakness.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Oct 2021, 17:46

Yes. We aint a poor team by any stretch. But we do need some tinkering. Id like to see Ali and Macca as a pairing again to see if that makes a difference. And dare I say Molly and Cobourne. Or a front 3, where we look far more dangerous. And if anyone can find the self destruct button thatd help.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 23 Oct 2021, 18:36

It was a bad day at the office, simple as that! To give the man of the match award to someone who came on half way through the second half tells you everything you need to know. Work to do, back to the drawing board!
HMS Piss the league has just had it's first reality check :-\

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 23 Oct 2021, 18:37

At the start of the second half!!! ::)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Oct 2021, 18:42

Dare I ask, and maybe I'll get shot down for this, but why is a manager having a holiday during the season?

I've absolutely no doubt that we wouldn't have turned in such a turgid display today, if Paul was in the dugout.

Make no mistakes, we've got a damn good manager, who is as vital to the team as a 30 goal a season striker. He wasn't there today, and it showed.

I've tried to make this point as respectful as I can. We're all entitled to breaks, and given recent covid restrictions, I can understand holidays have been rearranged, etc, but this was awful timing.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 23 Oct 2021, 18:59

Poor performance and bad result ,!!! But we were amazed with the starting eleven, for such a big game ?? Who picked the side today as the manager was absent ? The three subs that came on should have started the game .... in my opinion. ,!! All ways start with your best eleven, all ways a bad idea to go behind and be chacing the game relying on substitutions to turn it around.young jack is a match winner and can turn a game in a flash.... needs to start.... as do coborne and bunn ..... Ilkeston were well organised and got a lot of bodies behind the ball and we couldn't brake them down, this was evident early on ... needed to change forward players for something different a lot earlier than midway through second half.... passing was awful and general play was very sloppy.... need to really sharpen things up, physically and mentally.... silly points on set pieces,
Mc cone standing on keeper when he should be getting a run into the box to hopefully make a connection..... and right at the death a free kick on the edge of the box... they line up a defensive wall ... not one Halesowen player in front of or in that wall to cause a bit of disruption or block defenders vision of kick as it was taken... bad , sloppy performance today , but learn from it and hopefully back to winning ways next week 👍

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 23 Oct 2021, 19:02

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 18:42
Dare I ask, and maybe I'll get shot down for this, but why is a manager having a holiday during the season?

I've absolutely no doubt that we wouldn't have turned in such a turgid display today, if Paul was in the dugout.

Make no mistakes, we've got a damn good manager, who is as vital to the team as a 30 goal a season striker. He wasn't there today, and it showed.

I've tried to make this point as respectful as I can. We're all entitled to breaks, and given recent covid restrictions, I can understand holidays have been rearranged, etc, but this was awful timing.
We’re part time, school age kids (and it’s half term), missus who I suspect will have perfectly reasonable expectations given all the time he’s out of the house with football during the rest of the year.

I get it… it’s not a great look, and not great in reality, but people have lives outside of what aren’t their full time jobs.

I’m more concerned that at times it looks like you can drive a bus through our defence. Good job McCone is so bloody good!