Chasetown (A) - FA Trophy

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown (A) - FA Trophy

Post by lutleyyeltz » 09 Oct 2021, 17:36

THE LEAGUE!
That is the be all and end all of this season!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2021, 18:25

lutleyyeltz wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 17:36
THE LEAGUE!
That is the be all and end all of this season!
Couldn't agree more. But. Admittedly their keeper pulled off a couple of brilliant saves, aside from that very average again. For 80 minutes anyway, then we decide to come alive, as did Chasetown. Why we have to leave it so late to turn up the heat is baffling. Maybe the substitutions livened it up but it shouldn't have to come to that. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think we were capable of better, but we are.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2021, 18:30

Well our true Trophy results return again after a two year hiatus!! Disappointed but I thought a good game of football and two fairly even teams Couple of decent chances in normal time that went begging but hey ho. Definitely more purpose with three up top, and more chances as youd expect but meh
Pop quiz: Why do teams in Staffs attract cavemen followers? Hednseford, Chasetown, Tamworth...theyre all horrible!!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 09 Oct 2021, 18:33

I actually thought we played pretty well, given they’re a good side. Think we created five gilt edged chances, which against a team right up there is a decent return.

I’ve thought we’ll go up all season and seen nothing today that makes me think otherwise (quite the opposite in fairness). If we beat Ilson in a fortnight, happy days.

On a completely different note, the behaviour of some of their children at the final whistle was a smidgen embarrassing, but suppose it goes with the territory.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2021, 18:54

drummyb wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:30

Pop quiz: Why do teams in Staffs attract cavemen followers? Hednseford, Chasetown, Tamworth...theyre all horrible!!
😆😂😆Goes with territory round there. Always has done. PS you forgot Atherstone.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2021, 18:59

Reading the last couple of posts on the whole I agree. But we are not the side that started the season and I just find that a little worrying. Today so many aimless balls into the channels and beyond our forwards but we never changed tack. We did have some gilt edge chances and their keeper played well but for me we are a few notches down from where we were. It wouldn't take much to fix I'm sure but I hope we don't start to suffer defeats before it happens.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Oct 2021, 19:05

fairweatherfan wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:33
I actually thought we played pretty well, given they’re a good side. Think we created five gilt edged chances, which against a team right up there is a decent return.

I’ve thought we’ll go up all season and seen nothing today that makes me think otherwise (quite the opposite in fairness). If we beat Ilson in a fortnight, happy days.

On a completely different note, the behaviour of some of their children at the final whistle was a smidgen embarrassing, but suppose it goes with the territory.
Can’t argue with any of this. Where’s Yeltz27 when you need him?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2021, 19:09

andy wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:54
drummyb wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:30

😆😂😆Goes with territory round there. Always has done. PS you forgot Atherstone.
Yes indeed. Big rivalry in days gone by. Despised them more than that lot up the road at the time!!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2021, 19:13

andy wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:59
Reading the last couple of posts on the whole I agree. But we are not the side that started the season and I just find that a little worrying. Today so many aimless balls into the channels and beyond our forwards but we never changed tack. We did have some gilt edge chances and their keeper played well but for me we are a few notches down from where we were. It wouldn't take much to fix I'm sure but I hope we don't start to suffer defeats before it happens.
No but that has happened before. We hit a lull two years ago where form suffered a bit too. However we do have players back now. I think Sim will be a godsend and Gregory looked sharp too. For me, Rob Evans has been phenomenal at the back and breaking forward. I think it will kick in again, we just need to find our best team/formation.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2021, 19:15

piearce9 wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:05
fairweatherfan wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 18:33

Can’t argue with any of this. Where’s Yeltz27 when you need him?
Vanished when we became decent I beleive. Nothing to criticise I guess. Though I do hope he still goes and enjoys it now.