Wisbech Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Wisbech Updates

Post by Rich » 02 Oct 2021, 18:35

Well done lads on another 3 points which I guess is all that matters really.
The game was about the same as the weather. I cant think of a save of any note their keeper had to make despite all our domination.
Platty made 3 great saves second half and the one he saved first half he should never really have seen and in fairness was a terrible miss from my view. We then scored about 2 mins later with a bullet of a header.
Good to see Gregory back though didn't really get into it.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 02 Oct 2021, 19:05

Look, a win is a win. When you look back at the end of the season, this result will say WON 2-0, and nobody will bat an eyelid. The way I saw it was Wisbech defended deep and it was upto Halesowen to break them down and be patient. Halesowen did both, in my opinion. Platt made 2 fantastic saves to keep us in it but Halesowen kept plugging away and never gave up trying. I'd be more concerned if heads dropped or the endeavour disappeared but it didn't......so onwards.
Just to mention Kyle Finn's off the ball running and fitness.........incredible.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Oct 2021, 19:46

410viawednesbury wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 19:05
Look, a win is a win. When you look back at the end of the season, this result will say WON 2-0, and nobody will bat an eyelid.
Yep, totally agree. If we win the league. If we don't.......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Oct 2021, 20:05

Platty tweets Smith has given them a rollicking so that tells you we were ordinary today.

Still unbeaten and another clean sheet. Play shit and win is good news. Loughborough will be a good test next up and we may not be top by then if Chasetown win this Tuesday

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 02 Oct 2021, 20:11

I’ve had similar vibes from the 8 or so matches I’ve seen.
Won well but lucky, shaky 2-0, hung on from an early score, etc, etc.
However, I think it’s because we’re like those who have loved and lost and are scared to love again….

Brother Avery, open your heart and let the love in!!!

(You miserable Blue-Nosed twat). 😘

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 02 Oct 2021, 20:22

Was fairly rubbish, but a win’s a win, players coming back all the time, didn’t look like we picked up any new injuries and in Dan Brookes looks like we have a player. Bit meh, but not much fun playing in those conditions so all to the good.
Last edited by fairweatherfan on 02 Oct 2021, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 02 Oct 2021, 20:54

Whilst we were average and they had some good chances, we still had some decent chances in the second half and I never thought the result was really in doubt in the second half.

Wisbech put in a shift but didn't have any consistent threat and the few chances they had, albeit good ones, sprung up out of nothing rather than any concerted good play or pressure.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Oct 2021, 21:18

YeltzDoc wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 20:11
I’ve had similar vibes from the 8 or so matches I’ve seen.
Won well but lucky, shaky 2-0, hung on from an early score, etc, etc.
However, I think it’s because we’re like those who have loved and lost and are scared to love again….

Brother Avery, open your heart and let the love in!!!

(You miserable Blue-Nosed twat). 😘
😂😂😂
Less the Blue nose, more hate the other lot ;D, you know where my second love lies, far from these shores. Miserable twat though, I'll take that! 😆😆

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 02 Oct 2021, 21:21

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 2nd October 2021

Halesowen Town 2 Wisbech Town 0

Two goals late in the first-half were just enough for Halesowen to remain unbeaten at the top of the league, writes DJ.

Yeltz Manager Paul Smith felt the result was the most important fact in a performance that he admitted was disjointed at times.

In early play Jack Holmes’ 5th minute shot from the right was turned into the side-netting by Wisbech goalkeeper Luke Pearson and Josh Hawker fired over the bar. Chris Lait also caused plenty of early danger down the left for the Wisbech defence as he earned a 10th minute corner and his 21st minute effort was deflected away for a corner.

But the league leaders found it difficult to find a breakthrough with the Fenmen playing a high defensive line and the Yeltz were too easily caught offside on several occasions.

The contest changed within sixty seconds with a big miss at one end followed almost immediately by a goal at the other. Wisbech created the best chance of the game to date in the 37th minute when a Liam Adams cross from the left found Florian Tsaguim free in front of goal but his volley was saved spectacularly by home goalkeeper Dan Platt. The Yeltz then went straight up the Stourbr*dge Road end to take a 38th minute lead when Robbie Bunn’s corner was headed home directly by Harry WHITE from close range for his eight goal of the season.

Jack HOLMES soon doubled the home lead in the 45th minute after weaving through the Wisbech defence from the right and he displayed great composure to place the ball home in front of goal.

After the break Daniel Paez Palacios drove wide for Wisbech and a 56th minute shot from Holmes was cleared off the line by the visiting defence. Adams then drove wide for the visitors and Wisbech goalkeeper Pearson grabbed the ball at Lait’s feet.

But the Fenmen refused to lie down in the second half and actually created the better chances. Home goalkeeper Dan Platt made a great 68th minute save to turn away substitute Sam Murphy’s header just seconds after the in-form goalkeeper received treatment for a facial injury.

Holmes was blocked by goalkeeper Pearson after being supplied by substitute Richard Gregory after 71 minutes and substitute Jamie Molyneux earned a 75th minute corner.

However it was Platt who saved the day again with another splendid 85th minute save from Danny Draper and the Yeltz preserved their clean sheet with a brilliant clearance off the line by Dan Brookes in the 90th minute after Dylan Edge rounded goalkeeper Platt. Holmes then forced Pearson into saving his 20 yard shot in injury time.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Dan Brookes, McKauley Manning, Josh Hawker (Jordan Goddard 72), Paul McCone (c), Rob Evans, Jack Holmes, Robbie Bunn, Harry White (Richard Gregory 62), Kyle Finn, Chris Lait (Jamie Molyneux 72). Subs Not Used: Calum Flanagan, Brett Lloyd.

Wisbech Town
: Luke Pearson; Aaron Hart, Thomas McLeish, Daniel Paez Palacios, Liam Marshall (c), Benjamin Richards, Danny Draper, Wilson Chingoka (Eoin McQuaid 78), Dylan Edge, Florian Tsaguim (Sam Murphy 65), Liam Adams (Remi Thompson 69). Subs Not Used: Roque Nchaso, Avelino Vieira.

Referee: James King Attendance: 615
Booked: McCone (43)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Jake Garner: Jack Holmes

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Oct 2021, 21:32

It's also right Doc that you use the word 'scared'. I am really starting to feel that, that we may be stuck at this frankly crap level for eternity. COVID seemed determined to keep us there and I just wonder what's going to stuff us next. Seeing so, so many teams we were always the masters of, playing up to FIVE levels above us galls me. We have to (and will ;) ) get out of this division.