Wisbech Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Wisbech Updates

Post by andy » 02 Oct 2021, 21:45

Daniel Paez Palacios, Wilson Chingoka, Eoin McQuaid, Florian Tsaguim, Roque Nchaso, Avelino Vieira.
Sorry, who was it we played today?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Oct 2021, 16:17

Not a lot to add. I don't think we played particularly poorly, but we weren't at it, like we are capable of. At times this season, we've looked laboured in our build up play, with no real movement. I know we're scoring goals, but I believe we need to add a pacey striker, in the mould of Sim.

Conditions were far from perfect, and no doubt affected the game.

Platt has once again proved his value, pulling off two excellent saves, where it looked like Wisbech would score.

Finn was my player of the match, he was brilliant for us, again. But a shout out to Brookes, who looked very good at right back.

It wasn't pretty, and we've had to dig deep to win some games. But I'm happy with the start. Eight wins, and two draws, is impressive, especially as we've played mostly top half teams, and 3 or 4 teams I expect to be challenging for promotion (Ilkeston, Carlton, Chasetown and arguably Stamford and Belper). I think we'd have all taken the position we're in at the beginning of the seasons!

We've got some tricky fixtures against Loughborough, Ilkeston and then Coleshill, coming up within the next 4 league games, then it's a decent stretch of ten games against teams towards the bottom half of the table. Remain unbeaten in that mini run of four games and we should be in a good position to push on, and take control of the league.

Sounds simple, doesn't it?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Oct 2021, 17:30

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 16:17

Sounds simple, doesn't it?
Feeling better about it already. Cheers Josh!😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0