Handsworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Handsworth Updates

Post by drummyb » 18 Sep 2021, 17:35

HalesowenHarry wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 17:23
9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Panic if it becomes 9,1,5........
Lol 9,1,30 more like. Dont think anyones panicking yet, but theres a mini blip for sure. Thats what Im feeling anyhoo.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Sep 2021, 17:37

andy wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 17:33
The analysis from us all will be long but for now all I am going to say is
CONGATULATIONS HANDSWORTH. MAGNIFICENT.
👌👍👍

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Sep 2021, 17:59

In other news, Ilkeston equalised at Carlton in the last minute in the league. :)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Sep 2021, 18:03

andy wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 17:33
The analysis from us all will be long but for now all I am going to say is
CONGATULATIONS HANDSWORTH. MAGNIFICENT.
I'll second that!
Well done and good luck in the next round.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 18 Sep 2021, 19:07

Poor result but you'll never loose another game when you've created so many clear cut chances...... just lacking a striker today... on another day it could have been 10-3 not joking..... played well enough to create those chances, especially jack with another M o M performance , just very poor finishing.... shots straight at the keeper, shots well off target and shots hit with little or no power or miss hit. Time and time again not half chances but guilt edged, clear cut golden opportunities to win the game easily..... if 25% of chances had been taken, still would have won by a country mile..... squad definitely missing a poacher ..... keep the faith 👍

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Sep 2021, 19:25

Couldn't make today's game and kept up with updates (thanks all for posting) on a train back from Ulverston :o

Seems we made plenty of chances but just lacked the finish. Was it a mixture of players who failed to score or some more than others?

This is not a post by the was to try and chastise some players just a general question.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Sep 2021, 20:44

So, what to say. First off, contoversially maybe, I'm glad it was only the FA Cup we lost in. The greatest Cup competition in the world. I also, controversially maybe, don't blame the gaffa for not playing the best side we could have. We shouldn't have needed to. The league is 100% priority.
But. That simply was not good enough. With whatever side we put out today we should have beaten Handsworth convincingly. The amount of chances we created should have seen us home comfortably. Yet poor finishing and poor decision making cost us all game. We should not be having to rely on our mad last 5 minutes in front of the shed just to rescue games against mediocre opposition. Like others also, I am baffled by our defensive frailties. McCone may not be what he was a couple of years ago but he is still quality, Evo is as good as any other player we have, Lloyd is decent, jury still out on Flanagan and Platt is superb, yet as a unit it's not working. Molineux, who would normally be my first name on the teamsheet has not been with it for a few games now, and with injuries to Wight and Gregory we have no focus up front. We cannot rely on Jack to create everything, and others who are perfectly good enough need to step up to the plate. I'm sure when Hawker, Bunn, Lait and Wight are all starters we will look a different beast, I certainly hope so.
Today's positive. The fans. The singing from the Shed today even when we were beat was great. The highlight though was the deserved groundwide applause for the Handsworth team at the end of the match long after our lads had departed. Quality.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Sep 2021, 21:25

MAGNIFICENT. I cannot agree with that. We had enough chances in the first half alone to have run up a cricket score and if we had have taken just half them , we would have been saying at half time , what a poor side Handsworth were, They continued to ride their luck in the second half when we hit the woodwork twice and their goalkeeper, God knows how, pulled off saves that so reminded me of Polish keeper Tomashevski in that world cup match in the seventies.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Sep 2021, 21:39

KenR wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 21:25
MAGNIFICENT. I cannot agree with that. We had enough chances in the first half alone to have run up a cricket score and if we had have taken just half them , we would have been saying at half time , what a poor side Handsworth were, They continued to ride their luck in the second half when we hit the woodwork twice and their goalkeeper, God knows how, pulled off saves that so reminded me of Polish keeper Tomashevski in that world cup match in the seventies.
I too remember that game! Difference is I don't think their keeper had to to pull off more than ONE decent save. They deserved their 'luck'. They came to contain us and hit us on the break as they knew that was their best chance of an upset. And they managed that. MAGNIFICENTLY. ;)

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Sep 2021, 21:46

Andy , I think you'll see on Yeltz TV just how many goalbound shots and crosses he somehow managed to get in the way of.