Corny Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corny Updates

Post by piearce9 » 11 Sep 2021, 19:36

One of the more straightforward wins of the season. Two early goals and it was run of the mill from there. As already mentioned, Corby are a shadow of previous seasons and I think theyโ€™ll do well to challenge for playoffs at this rate.

Another big crowd, despite Baggies also being at home. Roll on Tuesday, when we play second place Carlton with a chance to extend our lead at the top of the table (as well as going for a perfect ten to start the season). :o

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Sep 2021, 11:32

There's not much to add, that's not already been said. It was a thoroughly professional performance, where we never needed to get out of first gear. We controlled the game from the first to last minute.

I do get the sense that the players felt they owed Corby one after the 4-3 capitulation last season.

Lait and Fin ran Corby ragged all afternoon, so imagine how they felt when they saw the back of Lait, just to see Holmes introduced!

I'd like to mention Palmer, too. He's not had much opportunity to show what he can do, but whenever he gets the chance, he impresses me. He looks a very tidy player. It'll be good to see him (hopefully) develop over the course of the season. I believe we've got a talented player here. I would've loved to see him take the penalty. It would've been nice to see him get his first competitive Yeltz goal.

Nine straight wins, a little under 1,000 in attendance, and a fantastic atmosphere in the Shed second half. I'm absolutely loving the run we're on.

It's a joy to be apart of, and watch. I'm genuinely buzzing. I can't express enough how happy I am to be supporting this club right now. This club is making me feel like a kid again, as sad as that sounds! :D long may this continue, I'm certainly going to enjoy every second of it!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 12 Sep 2021, 13:46

I'd just like to add, that it gives a great sense of security of having a goalkeeper with such a commanding presence. I know Mr Platt was not troubled too much yesterday, however you do still have to remain "switched on". He came for crosses, yesterday, with such ease, almost to say that anything coming into the box above head height WILL be mine. I know he has come into his own, these past few games, but even those games where its "quieter" it's still reassuring that we have a fantastic goalkeeper between the sticks. Long may it continue.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 13 Sep 2021, 11:53

Great result against an average Corby side, great to keep winning run going but never put them to the sword, totally agree with the last post about platt and it's constructive criticism as commanding his box from crossses is not his fourum and hopefully he will take that on board and work on it ๐Ÿ‘ Well done again to players coaching and management staff owners and fantastic supporters, all made it a very enjoyable day out.... onwards and upwards ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 13 Sep 2021, 18:21

Forgot to mention that I thought the referee was one of the best this season.
Let the game flow as much as possible and didnt try to be the star of the show.