Chasetown (a) updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown (a) updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2021, 21:27

4-1 - Harry White tap in!

This is flattering, these are a very good team and are no doubt one of the threats to win the league.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2021, 21:35

Another wonder stop by Platty from point blank range, it wouldn't have counted as the linesman put his flag up, but it was a super save.

We'll win 4-1, but Platt is easily man of the match, which tells its own story.

We're into stoppage time, with roughly 1 min left.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2021, 21:41

FT. Fantastic result.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 07 Sep 2021, 22:11

And Stamford threw away a 2-0 lead with just six minutes remaining to lose 3-2 at Spalding.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 07 Sep 2021, 22:49

Thought Chasetown were excellent- moved the ball very well and competed hard throughout. That said, we were excellent at the back tonight- their goal was a fabulous strike it was hard to stop, with the rest of the time us restricting them to shots from outside the box for the most part.

Hard not to be pleased with that one. Little doubt 4-1 flattered us, but then that’s football!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2021, 23:26

It's another game where the mentality and togetherness of the squad shone through. I'd have put a lot of money on Chasetown to go on and win after equalising just before HT, and after dominating us for large periods of the first half. It wasn't our best performance, but it was hard earned, clinical and very pleasing.

To go on and win 4-1 from the position we were in at the break shows how tough we are, and how good we are at the ugly side of the game. The result was flattering, and, but for Platt, we may have drawn, or even lost today. Which shows the value of good GK, at any level.

Yes, it was far from the perfect performance, but it's another win, and another 3 points, which puts us 5 clear at the top of the table - albeit very early on.

8 straight wins, top of the league, scoring for fun. I'm bloody buzzing.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Sep 2021, 23:52

Another great night out watching this team who just cannot seem to stop winning, but despite the scoreline this was far from easy.

We started off great by hitting the post from a cross then Lait putting us ahead seconds later. But from then on throughout most of the first half it was all Chasetown who caused us no end of problems with their high intensity high pressing and passing game. It was no surprise they scored just before HT but really you could argue we were lucky to be level.

Second half we started brightly again and went 2-1 up with Finn’s finish but still Chasetown refused to lie down, looking threatening whenever they broke. Some superb defending and some unbelievable saves from Platty in goal (surely MOTM for me) kept us ahead before our fitness and quality showed through by getting two more goals which flattered us slightly.

Chasetown are perhaps the toughest team we have faced so far this season and in my mind will be up there come the end of the season but we came through the test again which shows the great character we have, onto Corby on Saturday.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Sep 2021, 10:46

The game was perfectly summarised within the earlier posts.

Chasetown were another side that impressed me. We've had to really battle for these early wins in the league - each game has played out slightly differently - and the only one that was "comfortable-ish" was Shepshed. It's definitely a much tougher set of opponents compared to the last two seasons, and I suspect that it'll be a big points tally required for the automatic promotion space.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 Sep 2021, 12:27

piearce9 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:46
The game was perfectly summarised within the earlier posts.

Chasetown were another side that impressed me. We've had to really battle for these early wins in the league - each game has played out slightly differently - and the only one that was "comfortable-ish" was Shepshed. It's definitely a much tougher set of opponents compared to the last two seasons, and I suspect that it'll be a big points tally required for the automatic promotion space.
Very good points, although it could play out differently with lots of teams taking points off each other resulting a relatively low points total at the top. As long as we end up there, not overly fussed about the numbers, but it's certainly starting off well.

More importantly, have you asked for the Corby fans to bring you some Scotch Pies on Saturday? I know that you are a fan of those.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Sep 2021, 14:21

I went one better than that and messaged Corby Town directly to see if they'd be willing to share the recipe for their Scotch Pies, seeing as they are so tasty and nutritious. They replied to say they are under a strict NDA with Pedigree Chum and aren't able to reveal what's inside them, which is a real shame.