Re: Chasetown (a) updates

Post by El Seano » 08 Sep 2021, 15:16

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 Sep 2021, 15:40

piearce9 wrote: โ†‘
08 Sep 2021, 14:21
I went one better than that and messaged Corby Town directly to see if they'd be willing to share the recipe for their Scotch Pies, seeing as they are so tasty and nutritious. They replied to say they are under a strict NDA with Pedigree Chum and aren't able to reveal what's inside them, which is a real shame.
I very much doubt if they would stretch to Pedigree Chum. Based on my experience of last year, I would imagine it was Tesco Value cat food padded out with something even less appetising. But I believe that Westy enjoyed his :D

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 08 Sep 2021, 15:53

Excellent stuff by the young man. Though he needs to work on the editing after the 3rd goal of some nutter moaning about White handling the ball controlling it on the wing......... can't possibly say who that was ;D ;D ;D

I thought the defence was excellent last night, I know Platty made some exceptionally good saves, but they weren't from defensive mistakes, mainly good long range stuff by the Chasetown forwards. That elusive league clean sheet will come but if we're scoring 3 a game it doesn't make it a huge problem. As far as the league is concerned at this early stage, Carlton look a tough nut to crack alongside our long history against Corby. But 6 out of 6 will certainly have worried a few of the other faves in this league you'd have thought.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Sep 2021, 19:05

piearce9 wrote: โ†‘
08 Sep 2021, 14:21
I went one better than that and messaged Corby Town directly to see if they'd be willing to share the recipe for their Scotch Pies, seeing as they are so tasty and nutritious. They replied to say they are under a strict NDA with Pedigree Chum and aren't able to reveal what's inside them, which is a real shame.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Sep 2021, 19:12

On a side note we have had an exponential growth in our 13 to 18 year old category this year, and it was interesting last night that Chasetown have had a similar explosion, which they say has accounted for all of their average gate increase. Neither of us had any theories though, so any of you intelligentsia want to throw your caps in the ring with any ideas ?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Sep 2021, 19:33

old git wrote: โ†‘
08 Sep 2021, 19:12
On a side note we have had an exponential growth in our 13 to 18 year old category this year, and it was interesting last night that Chasetown have had a similar explosion, which they say has accounted for all of their average gate increase. Neither of us had any theories though, so any of you intelligentsia want to throw your caps in the ring with any ideas ?
I think it was "kids for a quid" or similar last night, many of whom probably took advantage of the offer and then sent their oldest-looking mate to the bar. I guess there probably isn't much to do around Chasetown on an evening (careful now) so if you can pay a quid to watch the football then it beats hanging round the park. I got the impression that some of their youngsters enjoy the odd board game, because a few of them made a gesture of "shuffling dice" as they walked past us.

I'd be interested to know if they were included in the gate figure, as I personally thought there were 800+ there last night, and it was announced as 637, or something like that. I was really quite impressed with Chasetown's set-up and they had their youth team as ball boys, which was a nice touch.