Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by andy » 05 Sep 2021, 15:02

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 07:13
Our game management, once we conceded the goal, was outstanding. Ditto Khalsa and Belper. This is something that has really come on of late.

Apologies for repeating myself, but this squad is so balanced, I genuinely believe we can deal with anything the opposition can throw at us.

Are we playing perfect? No. There's still room to improve, but now isn't the time to go into that. Seven wins from seven games, and I'm absolutely buzzing, and I'm just loving watching us right now. It's wonderful.

Long may this continue.

Agree. But. Game management at Khalsa? I don't want to see too many falling aparts like that.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Sep 2021, 18:04

andy wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 15:02
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Our game management, once we conceded the goal, was outstanding. Ditto Khalsa and Belper. This is something that has really come on of late.

Apologies for repeating myself, but this squad is so balanced, I genuinely believe we can deal with anything the opposition can throw at us.

Are we playing perfect? No. There's still room to improve, but now isn't the time to go into that. Seven wins from seven games, and I'm absolutely buzzing, and I'm just loving watching us right now. It's wonderful.

Long may this continue.

Agree. But. Game management at Khalsa? I don't want to see too many falling aparts like that.
Yes, the last 20 minutes on Monday was probably the antithesis of good game management! Much better yesterday.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 06 Sep 2021, 09:57

Highlights plus post match interview with the visitors manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1NXttCN1Y&t=303s

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Sep 2021, 10:25

Seamus wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 09:57

Great Alfred Hitchcock-style cameo by Old Git while ex-bedwetter Martin Carruthers is being interviewed at the end.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Sep 2021, 15:16

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 10:25
Seamus wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 09:57

Great Alfred Hitchcock-style cameo by Old Git while ex-bedwetter Martin Carruthers is being interviewed at the end.
😂😂😂

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Sep 2021, 16:54

World of difference between the two manager interviews.

Not sure what game Carruthers was watching with some of his comments. He strikes me as more of a teacup-smashing style of manager than any sort of tactical mastermind.

Some excellent interviewing from BCR on ours - left no stone unturned in the quest for answers :D Gaffer seemed to hit each one with a straight bat though - very insightful.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Sep 2021, 17:12

juanillo wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 18:04
andy wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 15:02
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Our game management, once we conceded the goals
, was outstanding. Ditto Khalsa and Belper. This is something that has really come on of late.

Long may this continue.

Yes, the last 20 minutes on Monday was probably the antithesis of good game management! Much better yesterday.
Apologies, both. I'm not saying the conceding of two goals v Khalsa was good, in fact it was disappointing, but for me, how we dealt with those two quick set backs and saw out the game was impressive. Yes, we rode our luck, but we would've lost that game last season.

That's now three games this season where we have let opponents back into the game (in itself worrying, perhaps?), but each time we've managed the latter stages of the game and claimed the win. I think that's a positive.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Sep 2021, 18:59

piearce9 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:54
Some excellent interviewing from BCR on ours - left no stone unturned in the quest for answers :D Gaffer seemed to hit each one with a straight bat though - very insightful.
He still doesn’t want that Knobbly Bobbly though does he?
I’d have thought the bloke would have stopped offering it him by now.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Sep 2021, 19:28

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 18:59
piearce9 wrote:
He still doesn’t want that Knobbly Bobbly though does he?
I’d have thought the bloke would have stopped offering it him by now.
😂😆
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 06 Sep 2021, 19:33

piearce9 wrote:
World of difference between the two manager interviews.

Not sure what game Carruthers was watching with some of his comments. He strikes me as more of a teacup-smashing style of manager than any sort of tactical mastermind.

Carruthers is incoherent. Given how terrible they apparently were in the first half, I can’t figure how he then thought they deserved a replay, unless they were several orders of magnitude better in the second half, which they demonstrably weren’t.

I actually thought we were fairly poor as it goes, but a win is a win.