Post by andy » 30 Aug 2021, 16:55

Ft phew
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Khalsa Updates

Post by Rich » 30 Aug 2021, 17:48

Wow!!

Firstly thanks for the updates. that seemed to be much tougher than it appeared it would be.
Did we drop off or do we credit them for raising their game?

That's 4 of our 5 wins now just by the odd goal so it shows we are digging in to see games out which is a good sign.
Good to see Robbie Bunn back as it seems Jac maybe out for a while

On to Saturday then and a break from the league which will be welcome

Well done today boys

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 30 Aug 2021, 17:52

Crazy game of football. First half - got off to a flyer, completely dominated, Khalsa didn’t look interested. Second half - took our foot off the pedal a bit, conceded two goals in a minute, and then spent the rest of the game hanging on. The game looked over at HT and in the end it became very close!

Jac Redhead’s injury is a concern. It looked innocuous and might have been a bad landing on the 3G whilst trying to block a clearance. Players had HT team-talk on the pitch as presumably he was still getting treatment in the dressing room. Shame as he’d made a good start to the season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Aug 2021, 18:23

Yeah, Redheads injury looked nasty. Wish him all the best in a speedy recovery.
Look forward to hearing the Boss's summary after that second half. I guess it may not be half of what he is saying to them in the dressing room!!😆 I think we simply gave them the confidence that they could get something out of a game they should have been blown away in. Ridiculously they could have taken a point or even won it in the end. Hard to even accept the awful plastic pitch had anything to do with it as we totally outplayed them on it in the first half. Still, we dug in, we did win and credit to the lads for that. Please though, no more heartstoppers like that please.🙂

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 30 Aug 2021, 18:30

The defence is giving me nightmares if I’m honest. Doesn’t feel like we’ve ever really replaced Piggott and Parsons- McCone and Flanagan as a centre back partnership leaves us vulnerable to pace (thought McCone was fortunate to only see yellow for a perfectly calculated foul as the forward was definitely in without it). Don’t want to be all doom and gloom (feels churlish when we’re six from six!) but we were absolutely rock solid at the back in 2019-2020 and it was from there that the success was built, whereas now we are terrifying going forward and in a rather different way terrifying at the back!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Aug 2021, 18:44

It's strange, it's like watching the game with 2 different pair of eyes. At the end of games one pair of eyes tell me "the defence looks shaky" and the other tells me "McCone was superb again today"
Stupid talking eyes......

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 30 Aug 2021, 18:50

Agree on the defence comments. We seem a bit light on numbers in that department too. Seems strange to lose Ashmore (a very capable full back) and then play Evans at RB, who is much better utilised at CB. We miss Bowen as well.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 30 Aug 2021, 19:32

I'd never have seen that coming at half time. We also squandered a few chances early on in the second half and then seemed to lose shape and focus.

Their second goalscorer Singh starting to cause problems in the air and on the floor and the number 15 had pace as well and our defence generally didn't cope well for the last 20 minutes.

McCone only stayed on as the player was wide rather than central but he could have gone.

Still, it's an excellent start with a few stiffer tests still to come.