Sporting Khalsa Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Khalsa Updates

Post by drummyb » 30 Aug 2021, 19:55

Couldnt go cos Im in Cymru. In fairness, I thought it would be a close game. Khalsa aint a bad team and have a lot of money behind them. I suppose after 3-0 players switch off and it sounds like thats what happened.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 30 Aug 2021, 20:10

It was very noticeable that there were many more photos of the first half than the second, which reflects the balance of play. https://adobe.ly/3gKIEFD
But a win is 3 points after all.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 30 Aug 2021, 20:37

The defensive situation is actually quite reminiscent of the 19/20 season. After 5 league games we had conceded 7 and scored 10 but had lost 2 games. We didn't keep our first clean sheet in the league until game 8, which started a r of 6 games without conceding. So far we have conceded 6 and scored 14.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 30 Aug 2021, 21:19

Yes, very similar indeed. We seemed to leak a cheap goal each game through the early part of that season but eventually became one of the tightest defences in all of non-league based on goals conceded. Although we did switch to three centre backs, which made a big difference.

In fairness I think we’re probably splitting hairs. The defence is a mild worry but midfield and attack have been excellent. Holmes always stands out but you’ve got to also say that Hawker has been fantastic all season so far.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Aug 2021, 21:50

Hmm. Fantastic to have 5 wins out of 5, but...
We really could have dropped points unnecessarily in a few of those and had it not been for Platt we would have. It's just something that I believe Paul will not be happy about and that we need to finish games stronger. If there is a better side in this league I would be amazed but we can't take anything for granted.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Aug 2021, 07:32

There's not much to add, some excellent posts.

I just want to add my concern, and disdain for artificial pitches. I genuinely have concerns about the safety of players. The ball simply does not run true, and I'm surprised that they're deemed fit for semi-professional football.

I've sustained some nasty sprains while playing football on 3G pitches, and I'm convinced they're the cause of those injuries. I hope Jac is OK, and the injury isn't too serious, but I've no doubt in my mind that the pitch has certainly contributed to the injury.

And then you have consider that every game I've watched on artificial pitches has been scrappy, boring and largely un-watchable.

I am aware of the obvious financial benefits, and money is king, but they need to be eradicated from the game.

Football should be played on grass.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 31 Aug 2021, 11:39

Anybody who knows me will appreciate my hate for these sub standard plastic abominations. Agree with Josh that they were never designed for semi pro competitive games ,and two games on them in 6 days has taken it’s heavy toll. The only comfort is the 6 points. Four more to go as well (five if you include the Brum senior cup.)
We know Sutton is the same, if not worse than the last two, and suspect the other 3 will be no better.
Until you get to 5G they simply shouldn’t be allowed at our level
This may be controversial, but I would completely rest Jack on them as they ruin his strength, where he is a quick weaving player who isn’t called Velcro boots for nothing, and becomes ineffective when the ball is bobbling in a shower of black plastic bits beneath his feet. Indeed Messi would look like a Sunday morning player on that pitch yesterday.
Rant over >:(

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Aug 2021, 15:56

I'm not really sure there is a definitive difference between any of the generations of plastic pitch. I may be wrong but I don't think it's regulated as such and the standards can vary a lot. For me, plastic is plastic ( usually infilled with rubber) and grass is grass. Grass is for playing sports on, plastic is for pop bottles and polluting the sea.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 31 Aug 2021, 16:35

I completely agree about giving Holmes the day off on the 3G

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 31 Aug 2021, 16:47

andy wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 15:56
I'm not really sure there is a definitive difference between any of the generations of plastic pitch. I may be wrong but I don't think it's regulated as such and the standards can vary a lot. For me, plastic is plastic ( usually infilled with rubber) and grass is grass. Grass is for playing sports on, plastic is for pop bottles and polluting the sea.
Don’t quote me, but I was told at Bedworth that the 3g cost about £250k, which is what the majority in our league are. 4g and above don’t have the black clouds of rubber, but the costs increase dramatically. approx. £500k for 4g, £800 for 5G , and the ones FIFA approve are 6g starting at millions !!!!