Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by drummyb » 29 Aug 2021, 17:31

Simons wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 11:01
Also we had a tough match at Bedworth on the artificial pitch and Belper had no midweek game
Good point. 3 games in 7 days shows why a big squad is important. Lets also not forget Paul is finding his best side, as he has over the last two seasons. Are we as good as the trophy run team? I dunno. Still far too early to say. But there is something about this team that has a bit more flair to it. Jack Holmes obviously gets a lot of credit, but Finn likewise is also very good on the ball. I said yesterday that I wasnt sure about Lait and Molly up front. Both very very good but dont link up as well as say, Molly and Gibson/Cobourne. However, what they do do is offer a whole different set of problems. Molly runs his socks of and can run at them , Lait possibly has a bit more flair and nous.
Centre backs we are still to find the best pair. As we did for the last two season.
Really exciting times. And really enjoyable to be part of

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Aug 2021, 19:13

I think, and have thought for a while, that any front pairing we have must be based around Molineux. We look best when pairing him with any of the quick forward players we've had. His work rate is excellent and he seems to pose a different kind of problem to any of the forwards we've had in recent times. Along with McCone, Platt, Holmes and Evans he would be in EVERY starting line up for me.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Aug 2021, 19:35

drummyb wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 17:31
Simons wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 11:01
Also we had a tough match at Bedworth on the artificial pitch and Belper had no midweek game
Good point. 3 games in 7 days shows why a big squad is important. Lets also not forget Paul is finding his best side, as he has over the last two seasons. Are we as good as the trophy run team? I dunno. Still far too early to say. But there is something about this team that has a bit more flair to it. Jack Holmes obviously gets a lot of credit, but Finn likewise is also very good on the ball. I said yesterday that I wasnt sure about Lait and Molly up front. Both very very good but dont link up as well as say, Molly and Gibson/Cobourne. However, what they do do is offer a whole different set of problems. Molly runs his socks of and can run at them , Lait possibly has a bit more flair and nous.
Centre backs we are still to find the best pair. As we did for the last two season.
Really exciting times. And really enjoyable to be part of
Paul Smith will say he doesn't have a best starting XI, and would make the question about the squad, but surely in his mind he'll have his ideal starting XI?

As far as centre half pairings, for me it's Evans and McCone, if you're going for a back four. But I do like the balance a left footed centre half brings. There'll be occasions where we go 3-5-2 and the back 3 picks itself.

With regards the forward line, we really are spoiled for choice. I think Gregory should be the main focal point of the attack, with a combination of Finn, Lait and Holmes playing off him, depending on formation.

I really rate Molly, he was outstanding in what little season we had last year, and I'd happily see him start every game. That was a very well taken goal yesterday. He will definitely have a massive part to play during the season.

I do feel like we could do with a pacey forward, like Sim, just to add something different to the strikers we currently have.

You're spot on, it's exciting. I know we're only 5 games into the season, but this squad really does have a nice balance about it, they've already shown excellent character in how we've ground out two wins this week. I thought the game management after conceding the goal was brilliant.

I can't wait to watch the team play tomorrow, and that's a wonderful place to be in. It wasn't too long ago I was dreading attending a match, and it was a real chore to get through, which was often helped by drinking a lot of beer!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz