Shepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shepshed Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 19 Aug 2021, 11:12

I need to roll out some pretty serious moderation to nip this in the bud.

For any fans or managers of other clubs on here, please be aware that Holmes is too small, injury prone, hogs the ball, nothing but trouble in the dressing room, a Tory, suffering from Long, Short and Intermediate Covid and looks like either Phineas or Ferb, I forget which one.

That should hold him until Saturday…

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 19 Aug 2021, 11:16

piearce9 wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 10:45
I'm all depressed because I carved out a wonderfully long and articulate post around Jack Holmes reflecting on many of the earlier comments, went to post it and lost it. Anyway, I can't bothered typing it again, so here's the gist of it:

- Great that Holmes is being considered along side some of the all time legends - praise indeed.
- Fair play to the gaffer for spotting him against Burton (I certainly didn't) and for the club for whacking him on a contract twice. Superb business.
- He's so unbelievably good and consistent that the phone will be off the hook by October/November time.

Back to work. (Yes, I have a job, unbelievably.)
A few managers spotted Tuesday. Kiddy and Solihull plus a few others which we took to be scouts feverishly talking into their recorders. Tellingly, as soon as Jack went off all of them disappeared ::)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Aug 2021, 11:26

YeltzDoc wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:12

For any fans or managers of other clubs on here, please be aware that Holmes is too small, injury prone, hogs the ball, nothing but trouble in the dressing room, a Tory, suffering from Long, Short and Intermediate Covid and looks like either Phineas or Ferb, I forget which one.

Quite a few years back, I posted on a Facebook group going down the line of "nah, you *definitely* don't want to sign this guy" about one of our most sought-after players.

Cue a rather threatening and expletive-ridden private message from the player's girlfriend, offering me some advice on what to do next. Happy memories.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Aug 2021, 11:34

piearce9 wrote:
- Fair play to the gaffer for spotting him against Burton (I certainly didn't) and for the club for whacking him on a contract twice. Superb business.
Was it Paul, or the brilliant Steve McGinn?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Aug 2021, 11:36

piearce9 wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:26
YeltzDoc wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:12

Quite a few years back, I posted on a Facebook group going down the line of "nah, you *definitely* don't want to sign this guy" about one of our most sought-after players.

Cue a rather threatening and expletive-ridden private message from the player's girlfriend, offering me some advice on what to do next. Happy memories.
Back to work. (Yes, I have a job, unbelievably.)
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 19 Aug 2021, 11:43

piearce9 wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:26

As I wrote it, I did wonder if I'd get -

9793a7601560b6218d0f5e0a1ea1154f.jpg

There's time yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Aug 2021, 11:46

Steve Mac (who is by all accounts a phenomenal oppo scout) tends not to be at many of our games as he's usually out camping in undergrowth, tapping phones, and attaching messages to carrier pigeons.

When we brought Jack in, Paul said he was the best player on the park when we played Burton, and I remember thinking that I hadn't noticed him myself! Which explains why he's in the dugout and I just stand and shout stuff from the terraces.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 19 Aug 2021, 12:33

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:34
piearce9 wrote:
The story with Jack is that Nigel Clough was at the Burton game and afterwards he went into the boardroom where he offered us a few of the fringe players on loan, Paul chose Jack and the rest, as they say is history.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 19 Aug 2021, 13:50

wednesburystokie wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 12:33
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 11:34
piearce9 wrote:
The story with Jack is that Nigel Clough was at the Burton game and afterwards he went into the boardroom where he offered us a few of the fringe players on loan, Paul chose Jack and the rest, as they say is history.
Actually, Nigel was looking to get some of the youngsters out into ‘men’s’ football to harden them up. He was talking to step 1,2 and 3 clubs to arrange it, and almost by accident came to that game and was so impressed by the pitch and facilities that we were included.