YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Aug 2021, 21:46

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 03 Aug 2021, 22:08

Fairly standard football fan fare, although just this once I might allow them their doom and gloom- they really were shite, and given the sizeable spend, were the boot on the other foot, I’d be… concerned.

That said, I’m wrong about almost everything, so why break the habit of a lifetime now?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 03 Aug 2021, 23:33

I'm not going to get carried away as I can't stand pre season but feck me they were one dimensional

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Aug 2021, 23:49

Other than the silly tap in, Montel looked exactly like the player he was when he left, (Useless post Christmas), good riddance.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Aug 2021, 00:05

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 23:49
Other than the silly tap in, Montel looked exactly like the player he was when he left, (Useless post Christmas), good riddance.
This isn't sour grapes, by the way. We didn't have Finn or Molly (both are more productive), and today we found a new player in that role - Manning.

Oh, and incase anyone is wondering, Montel has Jack Holmes bed sheets.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 04 Aug 2021, 00:13

The old cliché that you shouldn’t take much notice of friendlies but when you play that sh*t from up the road at their awful Cricket Ground there is no such thing as a friendly. (Having said that the Cricket Pavillon was nice with some decent ales/ciders on so can’t criticise that side as a separate entity)

Many fans including myself have been crying out for years for an annual competitive pre-season trophy/shield and so we finally have it in the Brooks-Clark Charity Shield.

Our starting line up looked a bit dubious with no recognised centre back alongside McCone with Ahmed Ali coming out of the wilderness after not featuring in pre season and slotting in along side our captain and other notable absentees from the initial XI - Evans, Flanagan, Finn, Molyneux, Gregory who you would argue would all be a shoe in to start so I must admit I was feeling a bit sceptical beforehand.

However, turns out I did not need to be as we absolutely ripped them apart! It would be wrong to give a MOTM as all were fantastic but special mentions for Jack Holmes who was unbelievable and a class above, he absolutely tore them apart and scoring the 3rd goal was the icing on the cake. McCone was superb at the back, Platty solid in goal. Hawker majestic in midfield too. Manning excelled in the No.10 role and took his two great goals really and well made it a memorable night.

Only half time in the tie but seriously can’t wait till Saturday now. Up the Yeltz!

BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BartleyYeltz » 04 Aug 2021, 19:04

My 1st visit to the cricket ground last night. What a performance and brilliant atmosphere by us Yeltz fans. Really enjoyed it, will try and make an effort to get to more aways this season.