Sutton

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton

Post by Poll » 29 May 2021, 21:00

Was great to be back down The Grove today. Drinking a pint in the sun watching the game, doesn’t get much better that that.

Great to catch up with some old and new friends - and was honoured with some Bara Brith too 👍

Roll on next season

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 May 2021, 22:52

Poll wrote:
29 May 2021, 21:00
Was great to be back down The Grove today. Drinking a pint in the sun watching the game, doesn’t get much better that that.

Great to catch up with some old and new friends - and was honoured with some Bara Brith too 👍

Roll on next season
Too true Poll, good to see you. All hail Owen’s Bara Brith.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 30 May 2021, 08:45

Good game, nice to finish on a high with a win and also a good marker against a team who we will be playing against next season.

For me that was our best performance of the 4 games I have seen as we looked like our old selves and could have scored a few more than we did.

Great to see a lot of the young players getting some minutes too, and some of our trialists have impressed me the last few games so hopefully they will come back and play a part next season. Sadly I feel as a result of that we may see a few departures which is sad as these last 2 seasons we’ve got used to a settled squad and see these players as ‘our own’ which is light years away from under JH where we had virtually a new team every week. But I understand times change and a lot of these players want first team football and also the chance to play at a higher level. Damn Covid or else we would have been there ourselves!

Overall a great crowd as well and fantastic atmosphere down the Grove gave it a proper end of season feel. Shame it’s ended though as feels like it was just getting started again. Roll on July!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 30 May 2021, 11:39

dalevillain wrote:
30 May 2021, 08:45
But I understand times change and a lot of these players want first team football and also the chance to play at a higher level.
One sage summed it up yesterday saying that it is a mark of the club we have become when a player of Luke Yates quality has to move UP a league in the hope of getting a regular start 😳

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 May 2021, 13:23

andy wrote:
29 May 2021, 18:23
Molineux never fails to impress me. He plays every game like it's a cup final. Great attitude.
100% agree with this. He'd be towards the top of my retain list.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz