Yeltz v The Lye - Return of a Leg End (Hopefully!)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yeltz v The Lye - Return of a Leg End (Hopefully!)

Post by piearce9 » 22 May 2021, 19:32

Aye, Lee Chilton. Heaven knows how old he is now - he must have played for every club in the midlands - but he still seems to have plenty of quality. Credit to him and the (otherwise) young Lye team as they seemed well organised and positive in their play. I’d be tempted to pop and watch them this season if Lye wasn’t such a toilet*.

*my apologies to any forumistas from the Lye region

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 May 2021, 19:54

Very young and a bit naive, but very attack minded. I beleive Lye are a feeder club to us, as someone from another local club told me a year or so ago.. They bought a few fans with them, which for a small club in the middle of two bigger clubs and a population assembled by the EU, is commendable. I hope they do well.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 23 May 2021, 09:57

Good game overall. Thought when we made a great start and went 2-0 up inside 15 minutes we were going to be treated to an avalanche of goals but credit where it’s due Lye played well to be fair and probably deserved a goal for their efforts but think in the end our class showed through and possibly could have had a couple more but for some great saves from their keeper.

Another good workout though and some more trialists on show. Our No.11 who scored a worldie of a goal for our first really impressed me. No.6 who played again seemed to have a better game too after looking a bit suspect the other night. Nice to see some of the youth players coming on the 2nd half too which shows a bright future ahead.