Redditch at hum.

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch at hum.

Post by andy » 18 May 2021, 21:59

fairweatherfan wrote:
18 May 2021, 21:49
Cold, wet, but isn’t Jack Holmes good at football?
Isn't he just.
Really enjoyable first game back. You could tell we had a couple of behind closed doors games under our belt as we looked sharp and at it. I think virtually all the squad got a half and a couple I didn't know as well. As I said earlier sloppy goals didn't tell the story, we dominated much of the first half and all of the second, just a shame we didn't have a goal for the well decent noisy crowd to cheer.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 19 May 2021, 08:47

Well we lost, although thought despite the two defensive lapses in the first half we were the better side overall and did everything pretty much but score. All in all though it didn’t matter about the result, we could have lost 5 or 6 and it wouldn’t have mattered a jot. It was just about being back, and seeing faces not seen in a good 6 months or so and it was absolutely bloody great!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 May 2021, 09:21

dalevillain wrote:
19 May 2021, 08:47
Well we lost, although thought despite the two defensive lapses in the first half we were the better side overall and did everything pretty much but score. All in all though it didn’t matter about the result, we could have lost 5 or 6 and it wouldn’t have mattered a jot. It was just about being back, and seeing faces not seen in a good 6 months or so and it was absolutely bloody great!
100% this. I couldn't care less about the action on the pitch (which was a great game to watch, by the way), it was just about being back, and having some form of small normality back.

I've never been so happy and buzzing after a 2-0 loss! I was just so happy to be back down the Grove watching the Yeltz, and having a great time with some damn good folks.

I wish we'd have scored, I could sense the potential 'limbs' of celebrations, had one of the many chances we created fell in.

We actually played well enough, especially in the second half, their keeper (The one who looked like Kasper Schmeichel) made a couple of wonderful saves in the second half.

God help some teams at our level should Paul Smith decide to go 433, with Yates, Sim and Holmes, as the front 3. Someone will cop a 7 or 8-0 hammering. Yates and Holmes were sensational after HT, when they came on. I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I can't see Holmes playing too many games for us, enjoy him while you can. He's a special talent.

Overall a fantastic night.

All that being said, it was only a bloody friendly ;D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 19 May 2021, 15:08

Echo all the above. Great to see some live football again.
If we get treated to performances like the second half especially we are in for a treat

Who was the guy wearing 6 who played all game. He looked useful.
No Bunn, Bowen, Molly ??

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 May 2021, 17:10

Jack Holmes is on a contract.
Rumour has it that Bowen and Westwood are no longer with the club.