Yate

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yate

Post by jack » 09 Jan 2012, 13:37

Agree, not all down to bad luck however bad luck & individual errors starts cautiousness/over anxiousness in players state of mind and their general play which we find so lacklustre to watch ... A few wins completely changes the mindset and we're off again ... (hopefully !! :-X )

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 09 Jan 2012, 16:01

The thing about good luck is you have to make your own - force the issue - if some of the players are showing a lack of enthusiasm it won't happen, especially with our indiscipline at times this season, silly bookings putting you on a knife edge for the rest of the game, and some even sillier red cards.
I haven't been to as many games this season, I perhaps could have made more of an effort to get a babysitter for me to come, but in my opinion there has been a lack of quality the games I have seen, no great deal of change when chasing a game, and more importantly not the greatest amount of blood/sweat spilt to get back in the game. If any of my under 8's players had the same can't be arsed attitude shown at times they would be told to walk! When things aren't going well you Battle Battle Battle until you force things to change for the better, it should hurt to lose, maybe that's the thing it doesn't! Last season we struggled but one thing I can say is we battled and I was proud.
All the majority of us want to see is fight and not to see players sulking and not getting cheap yellow and red cards, doing that is like getting yourself run out in Cricket, or providing an easy catch.
So come on lads show you are proud to wear the shirts, look at your opposite number get the better of him, not let him walk over you. Football is not just a game, for us fans a release, battle for us and we will get behind you, even if you lose, we love players who chase back 50 yards to win the ball, never say die. That's all we ask!

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 09 Jan 2012, 17:19

i really agree with alot of these comments , but there is alot of ability in the team , one player that i know very well lives sleeps breathes the game , and being a league player is what he is hoping for , its all he ever wanted and still wants , but even he comes away feeling deflated when silly things happen and people give up , he has never recieved a yellow or red in all of his footy life and doesnt intend too , sorry if im rambling , but he has loads of ability and passion O0

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 09 Jan 2012, 20:30

Yes I do apolgise if I come across as meaning all players lack effort, this wasn't the case. If 2 or 3 fight, battle and want it badly then fair play to the 2 or 3, but football needs 9 or 10 at least to be committed to the cause. All players have bad games from time to time, but if he is running his butt off, closing the opposition down, creating space and still enthusastic about receiving the ball etc, then at least he is trying to turn things around rather than looking uninterested and waiting for the final whistle. We certainly have ability, maybe we set in the losing mentality at the moment barring the Stourport game (though my under 8's team would have beat them ) ;D

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 09 Jan 2012, 23:44

Agree to an awful lot you say dazzling .... hope the players are reading your comments because the least us fans deserve is maximum plus effort ....

Also, munchkin love your positivity and prev comments but cards don't make you any lesser of a player than another... I don't feel any players go out thinking it will be great to get a booking today nor do they intend never to get one, that's football it happens ...?

As said in my previous posts i find cards harder to accept when through retaliation/dissent etc then a mistimed/misjudged challenge ... will never knock a player for commitment to the cause but yes obv we need to try and eradicate some of the sillier bookings out of the game so we can once again push on from here ...

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 10 Jan 2012, 07:45

sorry jack i wasnt being funny about th cards its just someone mentioned somewhere that the players love to get themselves booked , i was just saying no they dont , i totally agree having cards doesnt make you any less a player , and i hope the players read these comments too :)

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 10 Jan 2012, 08:42

munchkin3 wrote: and i hope the players read these comments too :)
Read them? Write them more like judging by the last few days............ :o

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 10 Jan 2012, 10:01

sorry h.h. what do you mean

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 10 Jan 2012, 10:07

agree munchkin ...

lutleyyeltz