Yate

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yate

Post by munchkin3 » 07 Jan 2012, 23:03

todays game was terrible i agree , i also agree some players are without passion, things really do need to step up a few gears . i sat with my son today .... he is injured so was watching instead of playing ......, he also said it was a poor game . at some time towards the end i asked him if the players in blue realised they had to try to get the ball off a player in yellow , at the start of season we started out so good , lets get it back and quick :(

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jan 2012, 08:31

Colin Bobble wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:
... I'm fed up with "it's all we can expect, it will take time" and the old chestnut "we should be thankful that we've got a club!"
That performance was disgraceful and the manager should take a long hard luck at what he is doing. If he knows!
Crikey, I've seen it all now :o
Naivety doesn't sit well on the shoulders of someone my age. Say it as it is - you know it makes sense!

yeltzdan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzdan » 08 Jan 2012, 17:05

I know any criticism on here can be misinterpreted as ingratitude for the hard work of many people to ensure we still have a club or demands to go out and spend money we don't have etc but I am getting increasingly fed up.
We can't expect miracles on the budget we have but we can expect the team to be committed and when we are playing a better team i.e. almost every week, for them to make life as difficult as possible for the opposition. At the moment it feels like we should be celebrating when the players bother to turn up and we finish the game with 11 men.
I'm sure I wasn't alone in noticing the contrast between the two managers yesterday either. Their manager, even at 2-0 up, was on the touchline talking to his team, encouraging or bollocking them as necessary. Other than walking to and from the dressing room I saw Cunnington once. It looked like he'd given up.
He and the team would do well to remember that people pay to watch them. I'm aware of the problems but there are minimum requirements they should be meeting and they're not.

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 08 Jan 2012, 19:26

We are fortunate that at the moment there are 4 teams worse than us in the league,we must
persevere and hope that by the season's end there are 9!! :)

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 08 Jan 2012, 20:49

Maybe i'm an eternal optimist ... :-) as i don't see much wrong with the majority of our team this season (although admittedly poor collectively yesterday ! )

Teams are not annihilating us even when we are poor all i feel we need is a little luck to get a run going again like the beginning of the season. Lads seem more nervous when playing at home for obv reasons ;disgruntled fans, trying to sort out our discipline issues which can take the edge out of play and maybe that in turn looks like we lack passion etc but the main problem seems lack of confidence at the moment with results not going our way etc ... so maybe a little luck away next week will get them up and running again..

Feel free to disagree ... !!! ::)

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 08 Jan 2012, 21:01

well said jack :)

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 09 Jan 2012, 09:53

Seem to remember 2 free kicks easily saved by their keeper, Nesbitt getting in the way to cause a goal to be disallowed for offside and then getting in the way of a decent attempt by Jones. Apart from that it seemed to me that Yate were in cruise control and managaged to play some decent football and we were never in the game.
Dire again and not worth paying to watch. Sad and completely agree with comments concerning lack of skill, team spirit and 'umph'. (definitely half-empty mode!). Therapy over

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 09 Jan 2012, 10:15

Sometimes all you need to lift a very dire game is a goal even off someones backside to give believe again....Sat's drab game was one of them...

There's an awful lot of points still there to be won, keep the faith and i'm sure the management team and players will do all in their power to hopefully turn things around .. couple of good results will get the momentum up and running again...

Glass def half full.. all teams throughout pro football go through shite periods during a season this is ours .....

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 09 Jan 2012, 12:09

Hope springs eternal, eh?

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 09 Jan 2012, 13:29

9 defeats in the last 13 league games seems to show that it can't all be down to bad luck.