Tividale Friendly

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
jhazz99
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tividale Friendly

Post by jhazz99 » 12 Dec 2020, 16:16

Anyone got any news on cobournes fitness?

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 Dec 2020, 16:20

4-0 Palmer

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 Dec 2020, 16:45

FT: 4-0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 12 Dec 2020, 17:01

jhazz99 wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 16:16
Back training sources* tell me.

*bloke I know who messaged him on Facebook.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Dec 2020, 17:17

We're gonna walk this lea....I mean these friendlies ;D

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Dec 2020, 17:35

jhazz99 wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 16:16
Played first half Thursday and reared havoc, but needs a few games for sharpness. Expect to see him Tuesday night

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Dec 2020, 20:53

I don’t think Simi was there today (nor McCone - probably stuck up a ladder) but I wouldn’t have risked him on that pitch today anyway - it was very poor condition. Reece Hewitt also missing, which is a worry.

That all said, I stood behind the goal we were shooting towards and I had no idea who was playing in our defence, such was the bad light. So I’d struggle to say for certain who was on the pitch, let alone anywhere else.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Dec 2020, 21:38

It's so good to be back. I don't think I can take another hiatus from Yeltz!

As I always say, I try not to judge the performances and results of friendlies, especially in the current circumstances, as it's clearly a match organised purely for regaining match fitness.

However, we were really dominant in the second half. We played some decent football on a pitch that makes Scrolls look like a bowling green! It was a solid run out for the lads, as they begin building fitness, in readiness for the restart - which I'm guessing will be in the new year?

All 4 goals were almost identical. Good play down the right hand side, a good cross from the byline, which led to a simple tap in.

Rob Evans had a hand in two goals, releasing Molyneux
and Gregory respectively, who then put good balls into the box.

I believe Tivi had one clear chance all game, mid way through the first half, a header from close range that looked like it was cleared off the line, and the ball forced out for a corner. I was at the other end, behind the goal, so didn't see exactly what happened.

I was particularly impressed with Palmer. It's fantastic to see young players successfully make the step up from the youth team to the senior team. It must be a great motivation for the current youth team players. The opportunity is there, and you'll get your chance if you're good enough. It's how it should be.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 13 Dec 2020, 10:41

Really enjoyed yesterday, was good to get back to a bit of ‘normality’ watching a game although not usual to be sober during a game due to no bar facilities being open.

We know not to take too much from friendlies but there were a lot of positives yesterday, particularly in the second half. Palmer looks a good prospect. And in Yates, Holmes and Cobourne once he has returned to full fitness we have pace in abundance going forward.

Apologies my updates were not as in depth as Josh’s or as quirky as Doc’s - maybe some things should be left alone.
Last edited by dalevillain on 13 Dec 2020, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Dec 2020, 10:58

dalevillain wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 10:41
Really enjoyed yesterday, was good to get back to a bit of ‘normality’ watching a game although not usual to be sober with no bar open.

We know not to take too much from friendlies but there were a lot of positives yesterday, particularly in the second half. Palmer looks a good prospect. And in Yates, Holmes and Cobourne once he has returned to full fitness we have pace in abundance going forward.

Apologies my updates were not as in depth as Josh’s or as quirky as Doc’s - maybe some things should be left alone.
You have a lot to learn, young padawan.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz