Dunstable away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dunstable away

Post by drummyb » 31 Oct 2020, 17:55

Even more ironic, depending on when we Lockdown, we lost 3-1 before the last one. I dont think the season will be written off this time. Gutted by the result though. We cant afford to keep losing games.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 31 Oct 2020, 18:59

Its hardly surprising that we are shipping goals this season when last seasons very solid defence has been decimated by either departures, injuries or blokes being stuck on the bench . Ashwood, Parsnip, Piggott all gone. Bowen on bench and defensive midfield, Salmons also gone. I'll say no more. No more.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 31 Oct 2020, 19:16

To be honest I didn't expect any points today or Tuesday at Bedford we don't seem capable of winning these games away from home.
Sammons departure to me is a real big loss his passing and goalscoring from a deep position cannot be replaced a quality player he was my first name on the teamsheet every week. We are missing sim and Gregory up top badly we just aren't clinical enough at the moment. Onto Bedford another very tough game.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 31 Oct 2020, 19:28

Not a horrible performance today but a horrible ten minutes that ultimately cost us the game. Some thoughts:

1. Playing Manning, Holmes, and Yates (I know all three weren’t on today at the same time) leaves us very lightweight and physically small- especially today when their backline were like fairytale villains.
2. Still too many square pegs in round holes. I felt sorry for Foz with the second goal, but the bloke evidently isn’t a centre half, and while I’m a big fan of Yates and Manning, not convinced they’re being as well utilised at wing back as they might be (certainly in the case of Yates).
3. We are badly missing quality up front. I like Westwood on Grassroots Gossip, but I’m not sure he’s adding much as a player. The sooner Gregory and Sim are back the better.
4. Robbie Bunn is currently not the same player he was last year. I’m not sure this can last because ultimately he’s just too bloody good.
5. Things just aren’t going our way- wind today, rain in previous weeks etc. It happens, and we have to stay positive. To steal a phrase from Baz McCullum- tough times end; tough blokes don’t. The question is ultimately how tough are we?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 31 Oct 2020, 19:46

And now over on twitter dot com we have current players tacitly making it clear they don’t want to be here and former players insinuating they do.

I’m not convinced we weren’t all much better off without any of this new fangled modern rubbish.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 31 Oct 2020, 19:57

fairweatherfan wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 19:46
And now over on twitter dot com we have current players tacitly making it clear they don’t want to be here and former players insinuating they do.

I’m not convinced we weren’t all much better off without any of this new fangled modern rubbish.
Who?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 31 Oct 2020, 19:59

Let’s just say that if Mr Carter isn’t implying he wants out, he might want to reflect on what he tweets.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 31 Oct 2020, 20:01

In fairness, he might have just been suggesting he’s very unhappy, but there’s a distinct tenor to his recent tweets (and changing his profile picture to one of him wearing a Stourbr*dge shirt) that paints a picture.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Oct 2020, 20:02

fairweatherfan wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 19:59
Let’s just say that if Mr Carter isn’t implying he wants out, he might want to reflect on what he tweets.
Let's just say I wouldn't be disheartened if he was to leave. And I'd be happy to see Ashmore back.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 31 Oct 2020, 20:04

fairweatherfan wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 20:01
In fairness, he might have just been suggesting he’s very unhappy, but there’s a distinct tenor to his recent tweets (and changing his profile picture to one of him wearing a Stourbr*dge shirt) that paints a picture.
I think if Forsyth replaced me in that defence I'd consider wearing a Stour top....... Actually no.......