Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Daventry Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Oct 2020, 18:15

fairweatherfan wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 17:48
It was.

I’m sure I saw on Twitter that there was some sort of food bank collection going on at the game, and so at £2.35 for the two, thought I’d do my bit to hurry along the beatification of Marcus Rashford MBE.

But then there wasn’t, so I was just left with two cans of tuna sat looking rather incongruous in the rain. We didn’t even lose, so I was also robbed of the chance to use them as missiles to express my displeasure.
You realise as we won that you have to bring them every week now.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 24 Oct 2020, 18:18

Already in the car ready for the trip to Dunstable.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Oct 2020, 18:20

Dry. Finally. I don't know if it was just me, but we seemed to set up differently today. A lot of interchanging of positions throughout the time we were playing with 3 at the back. It seemed to leave Daventry confused as to who to pick up and when. Could and should have been more by half time, Murphy had 2 good chances but put them both at the keeper. Good to see Robbie Bunn back in midfield but I think it's going to take a couple of games for him to get back to form. It was Ali who bossed the middle of the park for me with Manning and Yates giving them trouble down the flanks all afternoon. Second half started flat and it was vital the next goal was ours. Captain McCone ensured it was and from then on in never in doubt. Not a classic but in the conditions a hard earned 3 points and an end to the mini rot. Well done lads!
Onwards.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Oct 2020, 18:22

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 18:15
fairweatherfan wrote:
It was.

I’m sure I saw on Twitter that there was some sort of food bank collection going on at the game, and so at £2.35 for the two, thought I’d do my bit to hurry along the beatification of Marcus Rashford MBE.

But then there wasn’t, so I was just left with two cans of tuna sat looking rather incongruous in the rain. We didn’t even lose, so I was also robbed of the chance to use them as missiles to express my displeasure.
Good job he didn't bring a camel then. Quite why he would I don't know, but a good job for him anyway.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Oct 2020, 18:24

andy wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 18:22
YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 18:15
fairweatherfan wrote:
It was.

Good job he didn't bring a camel then. Quite why he would I don't know, but a good job for him anyway.
I suppose he could ride it to Dunstable. Fractionally more comfortable than sitting astride 2 tins of tuna.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Oct 2020, 18:42

fairweatherfan wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 18:05
drummyb wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 17:59
I thought I read that too in fairness. But then I didnt bring anything :-\. It is on Fakebook also.
Oh well. I’m sure they’d have only ended up in a brothel or crack den.
The tuna? Or the bloke who brought them?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 24 Oct 2020, 18:48

Some photos. Alas, Hagrid not present this week. https://adobe.ly/2TmS8uC

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 24 Oct 2020, 19:34

A word of praise for the ref today.
Thought he had a really good game.
Very sensible refereeing in the conditions and could see nothing for their Manager to complain about at half time.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Oct 2020, 21:28

Rich wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 19:34
A word of praise for the ref today.
Thought he had a really good game.
Very sensible refereeing in the conditions and could see nothing for their Manager to complain about at half time.
I was stood fairly close to their manager and I have to say he was off his head with some of things he was complaining about. Real nothing incidents.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 24 Oct 2020, 22:20

A balanced side on paper and given the conditions, they battled the elements and produced a performance that will be looked on, later on in the season, as a turning point. It didn't take Halesowen long to get into their stride and stamp their authority on the game, with the defence hoovering up anything Daventry had to offer and then looking to get moving through the midfield. Manning was proving to be a thorn in Daventry's side and had the beating of the right back time and time again, to the point that their manager finger pointed his displeasure to him. Molyneux got his self into good positions and worked tirelessly all afternoon as did Yates and Murphy, all that was missing, sometimes, was that killer pass to unlock Daventry's defence and reward Halesowen's endeavours. This was an industrious performance, and hopefully one that kick starts the season and with players still to come back from injury the picture looks brighter.