Cambridge at Histon

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Cambridge at Histon

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Oct 2020, 22:33

Couple of league games tonight;

Corby lost 2-0 away at Dunstable.

WGC beat St Neots after being 2-0 down with 25 mins remaining.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 13 Oct 2020, 22:44

I've won mints on the coach raffle. What a day to be alive.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 13 Oct 2020, 22:59

Saturday is not too important as I see it.
We have now really 11 days to hopefully get guys rested and treated for our next league game,then lets start a fresh and concentrate on getting out of this god damned league

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 13 Oct 2020, 23:17

In all honesty, I wasn’t too confident ahead of tonight’s game with all the players out injured plus a long journey in midweek meant we were always going to be up against it.

In isolation, whilst it’s a disappointing result I agree with the majority saying we could do without the cups and focus on the league, however coming off the back of last Saturday’s collapse back to back defeats does not do us any favours in terms of confidence and momentum.

I do disagree about saying Saturdays game being irrelevant. Whilst a long term run in the Trophy might not be ideal overall I still see it a chance to a) get revenge for last Saturday and getting one over on a team that are becoming almost as hated to us as them lot down the road plus b) the ideal time to get our season back on track and a huge confidence booster for an important few league games ahead.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Oct 2020, 23:58

Well that was the most miserable journey back if Im honest. I'll give credit to Cambridge, who reminded me of us last season. Whereas as we looked like huffing and puffing but no house had a chance in hell of being blown over. I actually thought the defence were ok but Im not sold on three at the back. Without a doubt injuries are hampering us, but thats why you have a squad. I dont feel that some of the newer players are good enough but I'll give them a chance.
Disappointing and one of those games that leave you questioning why you like football, and if it was a suit, it would be beige.

I agree with the posts above. It does feel like theres something wrong. They didnt seem to play like they were enjoying it.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Oct 2020, 07:15

Capinjazz wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 22:12
Heard Gregory 4 weeks?
Yep that's right. Assume the others are all fairly close to a return, think they are mostly knocks and niggles, with a new question mark over Simi.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2020, 07:37

I've just watched Paul Smith’s interview. A very honest assessment.

It's a really frustrating period right now, but I'm more than confident we have what it takes to come through it.

It is incredible the amount of injuries and niggles we currently have, but it's why you have a squad of 20 players. I still maintain that the team put out last night was better than the performance shown, however the fact that some of those who played may be carrying knocks themselves, and have played a lot of minutes, is something that I haven't considered. It doesn't excuse the performance, for me, but it certainly doesn't help.

I can't believe I'm feeling disappointed, one week removed from a 5-0 home win, where we were sublime (particularly second half), but that's how I honestly feel. I can't shake the feeling that this squad is capable of much more than what they've been showing us at the beginning of the season. I trust that when we get everyone back fit, we'll be back to our usual selves.

I think the comment above was spot on, last season we were spoiled, and I believe it's impairing my judgement this season, to an extent.

Despite my negative comments and disappointment over the last two games, let's make it clear; this team is still an absolute joy to follow, and the turnaround from that pathetic relegation side, is incredible. I'm extremely grateful for role that Paul, Karen, Keith, and the majority of the players, have played in restoring my pride in this club. That shouldn't be forgotten any time soon.

I know I'm talking like we're in the middle of a ten game losing streak, and the world is about to end, but that's how spoiled we were last year. This feels very alien, right now!

It's a shame we're not allowed to vocally back the lads on Saturday!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 14 Oct 2020, 08:08

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 07:37
Nonsense. Think we should all shun this and just get behind the team.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 14 Oct 2020, 09:24

dalevillain wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 08:08
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
It wasn't quiet at Hednesford! What's different at Corby ???

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2020, 09:59

410viawednesbury wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 09:24
dalevillain wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 08:08
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
It wasn't quiet at Hednesford! What's different at Corby ???
You're not allowed to chant. We were told off by a Steward that looks like Hagrid.