Glasgow. Sorry I mean Corby

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Glasgow. Sorry I mean Corby

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 17:05

juanillo wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 17:04
It sounds like a complete collapse. Did Hawker having to go off at HT make a difference?

Also I guess there's 2 sides to such turnarounds. Credit to Corby as well or was it just a surrender?
Taking Holmes off didn't help.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 17:08

It was a complete surrender. I'm not impressed with this season so far. There are some very worrying signs.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 17:19

Actually, I'll change that 2, to 3. There's 3 blokes there that don't belong anywhere near this team.

The rest are good enough, but need a kick up the arse. Have a word with yourselves. You've given me so much joy, and you've changed how I feel about this club, but you've believed in your hype too much.Get a set of bollocks, and take responsibility. This isn't the first time this season where I've left the game feeling like the players have let the club down.

Sort yourselves out, lads. Come on. You're better than this.

Fucking Seething, and that's the polite version. Apologies.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Oct 2020, 17:33

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 17:19
Actually, I'll change that 2, to 3. There's 3 blokes there that don't belong anywhere near this team.

The rest are good enough, but need a kick up the arse. Have a word with yourselves. You've given me so much joy, and you've changed how I feel about this club, but you've believed in your hype too much.Get a set of bollocks, and take responsibility. This isn't the first time this season where I've left the game feeling like the players have let the club down.

Sort yourselves out, lads. Come on. You're better than this.

Fucking Seething, and that's the polite version. Apologies.
There was 1 in today's line up I haven't been too impressed with this season to date.
Cant say as there is 2 others who I think have consistently under performed.

I always feel its a fine line between taking off your best players to keep them fresh and then potentially weakening the team or changing the set up. Maybe today was one of those days when it backfired.
From the season to date though I think losing Hawker may have had a bigger impact today???

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 10 Oct 2020, 17:36

No Bunn, Gregory, Evans, Bowen due to injury/ illness.

Important to keep things in context- it’s still early in the season, missing four of our better players, and clearly the first half must have been good.

I share concerns about one of the new additions, but plenty of time to get things right.

Really grateful I wasn’t there now!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Oct 2020, 17:49

The squad is more than good enough, got a fantastic manager, demolished North Leigh in the week playing some quality stuff and everyone sounds like they were bouncing at half time today too.

It was clearly a bad 45 mins but that’s literally what it was - an off day (or half an off day). Boot up the arse for the players, take our medicine, and get ourselves going again for a very big week.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Oct 2020, 17:50

We seem to be a team that play totally on confidence. If we can knock the ball around at will everybody's tails are up, if it starts to go against us I'm wondering whether we have the players to dig out results. Not being there I can't comment on today's collapse but I'm not completely surprised. We will have so many games this season where we need to hold on, dig out, grind results from stubborn sides etc and I'm not sure at the moment we can do it. I know we will only keep a large squad if all get games but maybe we need to find our best 11 and stick with it. As Josh has said there are a couple of players who are keeping much better options sitting on the bench. It's early days still but we can't afford to be throwing away points against potential promotion rivals (like we did last year as well) because it WILL cost us. Shame we've got 2 cup games coming up now, I would like to have seen a response to today in the next match, preferably in the league. The good thing is that Paul will not stand for a result like today so changes may occur.
Bad day.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Oct 2020, 17:55

piearce9 wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 17:49

It was clearly a bad 45 mins but that’s literally what it was - an off day (or half an off day). Boot up the arse for the players, take our medicine, and get ourselves going again for a very big week.
We can't afford bad 45 mins against the likes of Corby. With only 38 games if one team goes on a good run we only get 2 shots at stopping them, the rest is out of our hands. I also don't agree this is a very big week. TODAY was the BIG day and we blew it. Stuff the cups, they don't get us promotion.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 18:04

piearce9 wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 17:49
The squad is more than good enough, got a fantastic manager, demolished North Leigh in the week playing some quality stuff and everyone sounds like they were bouncing at half time today too.

I thought Newcastle was a boot up the arse.

I thought Barton was a boot up the arse.

When does a boot up the arse become a problem?

Maybe I'm overreacting. But something isn't quite right, for me. We've got the quality, and a quality manager, but it's not quite adding up right now.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Oct 2020, 18:13

I don’t believe there is anything intrinsically wrong at the moment. Nothing needs “solving” or “fixing”, I just think the players need some remotivation and are probably struggling to get going again after last season’s cancellation. I might be talking complete pish but IMO this set of players could/should sail this league- we just need to get them firing.