Glasgow. Sorry I mean Corby

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Glasgow. Sorry I mean Corby

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 18:19

piearce9 wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 18:13
I don’t believe there is anything intrinsically wrong at the moment. Nothing needs “solving” or “fixing”, I just think the players need some remotivation and are probably struggling to get going again after last season’s cancellation. I might be talking complete pish but IMO this set of players could/should sail this league- we just need to get them firing.
One of us is talikg pish. But at least we both agree we sould win the league.

The players, manager and coaching staff are there. It's just a case of withing out the formula.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 10 Oct 2020, 18:23

Evening all,

A long coach trip ahead of me, and I see and feel your frustrations. I’m on line for the next half an hour to answer your questions? So ask away??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Oct 2020, 18:29

PaulSmith wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 18:23
Evening all,

A long coach trip ahead of me, and I see and feel your frustrations. I’m on line for the next half an hour to answer your questions? So ask away??
Paul, good of you to post.
I think maybe it is time to settle on our best 11. I know we have injuries but I feel a couple of lads are keeping better players on the bench at the moment. How do you see it?
Good luck going forward and thank you.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 10 Oct 2020, 18:34

Hello Andy,

Thank you for the question.
In my eyes I haven’t a best 11. If I had, and the players were aware of that, then how could I motivate the rest of the squad if they know they are not in that “best 11” ?
The squad rotation policy worked very well last season and while wining has not come into question.
We have a very good group and unfortunately at the moment we have an awful lot of injuries, bumps and bruises. A situation far worse than we have ever had before since my arrival.
We are trying to manage that the best way we can, but it’s far from ideal.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 18:35

PaulSmith wrote:
Evening all,

I've not been today so I can't really comment but PS has really just shown his absolute quality by standing up to take the flak. Clearly he's not just there for the Pat's on the back .
Well done, Gaffa.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2020, 18:37

PaulSmith wrote:
Evening all,

Absolute respect to you. I'm the teams biggest critic, possibly. I have high expectations, probably unjustifiably so. But I'll never hide, so here goes...

I'm not sure whether I can ask anything specifically about today? We went 3-0 up, so you got line ups and tactics spot on? Is there anything you drastically changed at half time, that contributed to the final result? Would you have changed anything? In hindsight, taking Holmes off was a game changer, but at the time, it made sense. It seemed a lack of taking chances and poor defending cost us...

Also, there's not something quite right with this squad, I can't put my finger on it. But, we would never have thrown away a 3 goal lead last season. It's not us.

How brutal can you be with players who aren't preforming?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 10 Oct 2020, 18:39

PaulSmith wrote:
Evening all,

Hi Paul- as said above, very good of you to take the time to do this. What’s the prognosis of the injured players? Can we expect any of them back for Tuesday, Saturday, or the next league game whenever that may be (Tuesday dependent)?

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 10 Oct 2020, 18:41

Westyeltz wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 18:35
PaulSmith wrote:
Evening all,

I've not been today so I can't really comment but PS has really just shown his absolute quality by standing up to take the flak. Clearly he's not just there for the Pat's on the back .
Well done, Gaffa.
Thank you Westy,

I appreciate the kind words.

Very easy for me to take the plaudits when it’s going well, but it’s important Also to keep you all in the loop. No one is more disappointed than me with today’s result.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Oct 2020, 18:48

PaulSmith wrote:
Evening all,

Top man, Paul. What do you think is causing the inconsistency in performances? One game we look invincible, the next we look vulnerable. Today sounds like we had one half of each.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Oct 2020, 18:48

PaulSmith wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 18:34
Hello Andy,

Thank you for the question.
In my eyes I haven’t a best 11. If I had, and the players were aware of that, then how could I motivate the rest of the squad if they know they are not in that “best 11” ?
The squad rotation policy worked very well last season and while wining has not come into question.
We have a very good group and unfortunately at the moment we have an awful lot of injuries, bumps and bruises. A situation far worse than we have ever had before since my arrival.
We are trying to manage that the best way we can, but it’s far from ideal.
Thanks for that Paul
I feel the rotation worked perfectly last season as the team just seemed to play every game high on confidence, whoever came on. I may be wrong but that doesn't seem the case at the moment. Please don't get me wrong, I am in no way moaning, far from it, just frustrated that the immense talent we have for this level doesn't quite have last season's consistency. Also are you concerned that we beat all and sundry in the cups last year but couldn't beat the top sides around us in our league. I'm worried after today it might happen again.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0